Boyata back in?

BlueMoonRisin’

Interesting to see that Dedryk Boyata was brought on for 10 minutes yesterday, does that mean he's in the shop window or back as part of the squad? Really thought we had a top homegrown defender in him and he led the line so well with komps as mentor in the league cup semi at prawn triffid a couple of seasons back. Never got a sniff in since he was red carded against Arsenal. Good to see us promoting youth, something not really seen under Mancini...

bluemoon risin' said:
Interesting to see that Dedryk Boyata was brought on for 10 minutes yesterday, does that mean he's in the shop window or back as part of the squad? Really thought we had a top homegrown defender in him and he led the line so well with komps as mentor in the league cup semi at prawn triffid a couple of seasons back. Never got a sniff in since he was red carded against Arsenal. Good to see us promoting youth, something not really seen under Mancini...

Think Mancini was pissed that he committed that foul so early in the game and City got their first real home spanking from The Arse, and Mancini was not enamored. We will see if he has a future with Rekik and Nastasic both being left sided. I would like to see us nurture him as a right sided CB, even though we have Micah for that role when Zaba and Maicon are fit.

Unfortunately, once you get to your early 20s, if you are not a solid squad player, then it is difficult to hang around and watch your career disappear, especially when the 16-21 year olds behind you are still being groomed by the Academy.

Was glad to see Rekik, Huws and Rusznak getting a run out, even if Huws was given a pretty hard baptism by one of the best attacking midfields in the world. Penalty against Rekik was a joke!

ChicagoBlue said:
bluemoon risin' said:

Think Mancini was pissed that he committed that foul so early in the game and City got their first real home spanking from The Arse, and Mancini was not enamored. We will see if he has a future with Rekik and Nastasic both being left sided. I would like to see us nurture him as a right sided CB, even though we have Micah for that role when Zaba and Maicon are fit.

Unfortunately, once you get to your early 20s, if you are not a solid squad player, then it is difficult to hang around and watch your career disappear, especially when the 16-21 year olds behind you are still being groomed by the Academy.

Was glad to see Rekik, Huws and Rusznak getting a run out, even if Huws was given a pretty hard baptism by one of the best attacking midfields in the world. Penalty against Rekik was a joke!
Thought the defence chilled out/solidified a bit when Boyata came on, he looked good for the 10 mins. Huws fight impressed me... wouldn't give up on anythin... maybe a bit nervy though.

Boyata also had brilliant game against Chelsea at home, same season. He completely bossed Drogba.

bluemoon risin' said:

I think it was just to remind teams that he is there and available for transfer. I had great hopes from him, but as rightly said, his red card against Arsenal proved detrimental to his career here which is very harsh. On his part, he hasn't done anything special to be considered to get back here.

It is looking like he will be sold, shame as he was showing promise earlier on. Had two very uninspiring loan spells and his career stalled.

With the new 'holistic' approach, I was rather hoping we'd see him develop at the club, and that the new manager would develop younger players. Simply farming out players to other clubs, especially those undergoing change, is possibly not as conducive to bringing players on.

I'm not suggesting he's immediately good enough to hold down a regular spot, but with better coaching he may just be good enough to warrant a squad place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.