Boyata or Milner at right back tomorrow ?

WNRH said:
What is the point in spending millions of pounds a year on an academy.
To go out and pay compensation for a 15 year old Belgium lad.
To play him 15 or so times in his short career.
To put him on the bench for 20 or so times this season.

When we get a situation where Richards, Boateng AND Zabaleta are all unavailable, people want to put two midfielders there who have hardly played there in their careers?

He's got experience with us, he's played right back for us already, playing well against Chelsea, he has already played for Belgium.

Yet one stupid mistake that ALL defenders make whether they are 19 or 29 and all of a sudden he is a liabilty who we can't risk against fucking Sunderland.

We might aswell close the academy down now if Boyata doesn't play tomorrow. If he with all his experience, good performances and already been capped at senior level by a good national team like Belgium then what hope has anyone got of making it with us in the future?

Boyata should play tomorrow and if he does he will shine like he has done in the past.

More fans should put faith in the talented youngsters we have, to think that Milner and SWP were wanted to play out of position rather than a talented defender is sad IMO.

He did well today and it would not bother me if he played there for the rest of the season.

Boyata proved me wrong and had a great game, he looked very good.

A couple of shaky performances earlier in the season are now behind him.

Well done Dedryk

It was never going to be anyone but Boyata with Zaba missing and as long as we took the initiative in the game he wouldnt have a problem,especially with Richardson not playing,and that's the way it turned out.

It maybe similar against Liverpool too as they don't play a wide man to trouble him (Johnson as full back would be interesting if he is fit) and as a natural defender he should be ok. But against the scum he will have a much sterner challenge as they do get wide and will test his basic weakness and inexperience as a full back.

I thought Boyata played excellent yesterday. He's a clever player and has been unlucky that he's made a couple of errors in big games ie Arsenal earlier this season....from yesterdays performance though it doesn't look like they have knocked his confidence at all.
To be honest full back wise I'm more worried about Kolorov at the moment. Still think he is too easily beaten.

I feel very confident in having him as a squad player or regular backup in a couple of years

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.