Boyata pens 2 year deal at City

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
noely said:
MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

do you not agree? and what about the second half of my point

Listen, it's okay... you don't have to rate every player that's walked through City's door for the sake of it.

People struggled to grasp this even when Adebayor was around, it was only until he moved on did everyone finally admit what a pointless signing he was.

Dont get me wrong I know hes not the best but he's going to be 4th choice if hes lucky yet people on here expect our 4th choice to be a world class superstar defender its just not going to happen it isnt footy manager or fifa
so we may as well have a decent 4th choice on low wages plus the fact he'll take a homegrown slot for us

comeonfeedthegoat said:
Surely people dont actually believe he's being retained for any other reason than he's homegrown?

Anyone who's watched him should know he's not good enough, Bolton fans know he's not good enough, he probably knows himself he's not good enough

Makes sense from a homegrown perspective, shows very little ambition from himself to play football tho

Pretty much. I admire the optimism of some of the people in this thread, but basically we're keeping a player not good neough for city for quota reasons, and Boyata is basically signed on for 2 years of free money at the expensive of his playing career.

Cynical by all.

Ridiculous bit of business if true, we have Kompany, MDM, Nastasic and we seem to be bringing in a big name CB in Mangala or Benatia. A new deal for Boyata will only hamper the development of Bossaerts, Denayer and Rekik all for whom I think have a better chance for being a regular starter for us then Boyata he has really stagnated over the pass few years.

noely said:
Decent 4th choice centre back good cover and to the moaners can they name Barca Madrids or bayern Munichs 4th choice centre half
nastasic is our 4th cb

Boyata wont even play hes just there for the quota.

I think Pelle sees something that we don't.

We don't have to fill quotas we could just have one less player

greasedupdeafguy said:
noely said:
Decent 4th choice centre back good cover and to the moaners can they name Barca Madrids or bayern Munichs 4th choice centre half
nastasic is our 4th cb

Boyata wont even play hes just there for the quota.
Rekik will be fifth choice n'all.

I have seen worse defenders than Boyata play for City . Lets face it we wouldn't be keeping him if fair play wasn't pissing on us .

baildon blue said:
I have seen worse defenders than Boyata play for City . Lets face it we wouldn't be keeping him if fair play wasn't pissing on us .
It's got nothing to do with FFP, it's everything to do with the ridiculous HG quota rules

greasedupdeafguy said:
waspish said:
So fans don't rate him because of a handful of games when he was a lot younger?! Let see him play for at least 10 games on the bounce before we judge hey?!
I thought he looked promising when he played against Chelsea at right back but since he got sent off against Arsenal his career has gone down hill.

If he wasn't good enough for Twente or Boton what chance is he being good enough for us?

You make a good point there regarding the Sending off don't think he played another game for ages under Mancini.

noely said:

Barca:: Martin Caecares Bayern: Holger Badstuber Real: Nacho

And Boyata is nowhere near as good as any of them

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.