Boyata

what boyata has experienced in the last month will prove invaluable in his career.I do agree its time to take him out of the firing line.

Its too early to play him week in week out, he had a shocker at Hull and he could have done better in other situations that have led to goals in previous games. Like others say he needs to come in for the lesser games to build his confidence. I cant believe he doesnt play Nedum either. I reckon Boyata has got what it takes but to be thrown into the team in one of the most important seasons we have had for such a long time. Its not rocket science is it! Booby Manc? Get Vinny fit Top priority!

He looks like a bloody bunny caught in headlights 9 times out of 10 on the pitch. Fucking criminal he's getting games over Ned along with Clatterleta at right-back.

The lad has not done too much wrong but Mancini obviously prefers him to Neddy which i cannot understand, Neddy for me every time at the moment. It will be interesting to see who he picks when everyone is fit, my back four would be, Richards (RB) Toure (RCB) Kompany (LCB) Lescott (LB) Height, pace and power all across the back four.

Why dont our players throw their bodies in to block shots??

Both Toure and Bellars turned their backs on Hull's shots which ended in goals!!!

Then you see Aston Villa, Chelsea, Manure etc all throwing themselves and blocking shots on goal!!!!

Whats going on!

Wrighty Wrexham said:

Both Toure and Bellars turned their backs on Hull's shots which ended in goals!!!

Then you see Aston Villa, Chelsea, Manure etc all throwing themselves and blocking shots on goal!!!!

Whats going on!

Agree totally, i said this during the game on Saturday, the halfhearted attempts to block those shots was embarrassing, i hope Mancini points this out during the video analysis and reminds every player of their roles when defending.

Wrighty Wrexham said:

Whats going on!

Apart from Vidic of course

I honestly dont think Boyata is the problem. When he was at the back alongside Kompany he looked like a seasoned professional, Kompany gets injured in comes Toure and all of a sudden he looks like the young, inexperienced kid he is. I then think about how we bought Lescott who was without doubt one of the best centre backs in the Prem last season but looked like a fish out of water next to Toure. Then when you factor in that Gallas looks a different player again this season next to Vermaelen and I find there is a pattern emerging!

Take Toure out of the centre of defence and I believe most of our defensive problems go away with him! If Toure has to play I would play him at right back!

As I said elsewhere, he was a nice surprise when we needed him but now he has made a bit of a mistake it's only fair the patient Ned makes a comeback and Dedryk gets his chance from the bench late on just to boost confidence. It's probably also wise to play him in tandem with Kompany for the timebeing being Belgian etc.

Garry.Cook said:
As I said elsewhere, he was a nice surprise when we needed him but now he has made a bit of a mistake it's only fair the patient Ned makes a comeback and Dedryk gets his chance from the bench late on just to boost confidence. It's probably also wise to play him in tandem with Kompany for the timebeing being Belgian etc.

Whether Boyata should now be rested is open to debate but where this huge outcry for Ned has emerged from is beyond me. Ned has not stood out in any game he has taken part in this season and I can clearly remember some standout mistakes from him, home against Chelsea he made two glaring errors in the space of 2 seconds which cost us a penalty and away at Anfield he cost us the 3 points with an awful clearance when we had just gone 2-1 up. Dropping Boyata for now may very well be the answer but getting Ned in as his replacement certainly isnt. Personally I feel we have little choice but to plod along until we can get Lescott and Kompany alongside eachother in what I believe is our strongest central defensive partnership!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.