Boyata

Cobwebcat said:
FantasyIreland said:
leighton said:
With all the other defenders that are in and around our squad Boyata would be the worst of the lot. I think we can all agree on that.

No,not me.

Unless Nastasic grows a pair and starts showing some character and desire,id far sooner lose him.

Nasty is a good player who has lost his confidence. Not long ago people were saying he could be a revelation and rightly so.

Boyata has rarely been of the standard required if ever. The Charity Shield game is irrelevant. If we were to go by the last game as to whether we kept or sold a player we would have no squad.

Nasty has ability and his confidence should return. Boyata looked out of his depth at Bolton and even more with us. He is, if anything, getting worse.

Form is temporary class is permanent. It's just not there with Boyata. Put it this way, if we decided to sell Nasty there would be plenty of takers at the top level. We couldn't give Boyata away.

Correct,says it all really.

If this player wakes up from the dream he is in right now he'll realise that he is one lucky guy, to be even near the first team is one hell of an achievement......scary that City have to keep him for FFP reasons because this guy is seriously taking the biscuit .........another one who hasn't the confidence nor the guile to express his talent....
Im not even sorry for him even Im angry that he gets paid to even turn up at Carrington to train........serious waste of time
and yes Im entitled to slag him off because Im a supporter of this club and I have my opinions which is valid
Boyata is not even up to the the Geoff Lomax level and that is saying something......... Boyata you lucky lucky guy!

Marvin said:
FantasyIreland said:
Nastasic played worse and,more worringly,once again......showed a lack of conviction.

Or are people refusing to see his faults?
I agree. I thought Boyata was far more convincing than Nastasic. Nastasic is neat and tidy on the ball, but he doesn't do the defensive job. Playing alongside Kompany makes him look good.

I can see why we have persisted with Boyata. He has got it in him to be a good central defender. I think perhaps he needs a move and regular football at a lower level and work his way up the game.

I was a big fan of Nastasic but losing faith in him. He's the senior central defender of the two, but he left it to Boyata.

Very well put, it was clear for everybody to see that Boyata was the better out of the two during the CS, Boyata did well for the second goal to hold Sanogo away from the goal for so long but then when Sanogo came inside and passed to Ramsey Nasty just ran straight past him & dangled a weak leg towards him, same with the first goal Nasty just let his man run past him & Boyata came in with a strong challenge but the ball deflected to Cazorla, all Nasty does is dangle weak legs instead of challenging & he always bundles people over! At least Dedryck tries to get stuck in & makes full hearted challenges, he also has good recovery speed

Agree with a previous poster that he seems to be playing within himself and his true ability may never be seen down to him being mentally weak. On the otherhand the defensive midfield in preseason has been halfhearted at best and we are not ready yet. I m hoping the personel that are to come in will make up for the 2 in midfield problem we have against the better footballing sides. Mangala and Kompany with Zabs and Kolarov for me but wouldn't be surprised to see Demichelis and Sagna or even Nastasic start. Boyata for cup games.

Apologies if already mentioned, but it seems Boyata is only being kept because he is home grown. I understand the need for this, and it explains Richard Wright stealing a living. But the problem is, Boyata might actually have to play the odd game, and he's clearly not good enough.

Micah Richards however, is home grown and is not even considered at centre back. Pellegrini has said himself that he doesn't even consider Richards as a centre back.

While Richards has had a dramatic loss of form, I would still be far more confident with him filling in at centre half than Boyata. Pre-season would have been the ideal time to test it out.

Tbilisi said:
Cobwebcat said:
FantasyIreland said:
No,not me.

Unless Nastasic grows a pair and starts showing some character and desire,id far sooner lose him.

Nasty is a good player who has lost his confidence. Not long ago people were saying he could be a revelation and rightly so.

Boyata has rarely been of the standard required if ever. The Charity Shield game is irrelevant. If we were to go by the last game as to whether we kept or sold a player we would have no squad.

Nasty has ability and his confidence should return. Boyata looked out of his depth at Bolton and even more with us. He is, if anything, getting worse.

Form is temporary class is permanent. It's just not there with Boyata. Put it this way, if we decided to sell Nasty there would be plenty of takers at the top level. We couldn't give Boyata away.

Correct,says it all really.
What we can all argee on with Nasty is that he has shown in the past that he can cut it in the league. We cant say that with Boyata. I think Nasty will get his fair share of games this season. He will be the main back up for the 2 of Kompany and Mangala. Just think MDM is coming to a end. I think we done well to get a year out of him. So selling Nasty for me is the wrong call at the moment as we would then have to try and find 2 new players next season when MDM contract runs out and Boyata simply not up to it.

Looks like City want to keep Boyata and sell Nastasic...

Sp. Anderlecht news ‏@Sporting_AND 2h
Anderlecht target Man City defender Dedryck Boyata <a class="postlink" href="http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/division1/anderlecht/boyata-priorite-d-anderlecht-53f10a523570667a6393e16d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.dhnet.be/sports/football/div ... 7a6393e16d</a> … #rsca #mcfc pic.twitter.com/uwkdVxwjeG

I must admit I'm surprised that Boyata is the preferred option to Nastasic. Yes the Serbian has struggled the last 12 months or so, but in his first season he was excellent. I can't ever remember, even briefly, thinking Boyata was excellent, in fact my Bolton supporting mate described Boyata as shite when he was on loan there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.