boyata's sending off and Mancini's response

I don't agree. I think we saw against Blackpool that 4-4-2 doesn't work (at least not yet), so why would he want to try it again against a good Arsenal side ? When we reverted back to our normal formation against Blackpool we looked a much better side. Hence why Mancini went with our normal formation this weekend.

I'm sure we will see 2 up top again when all players are fit and ready to go, but in the meantime this system seems to work....it was just unfortunate that we never really got the chance to show it because of the sending off.

Arsenal fans getting a bit giddy writing us off though, and Fabregas was an idiot with his '15 men' statement. We all know it would have been a totally different game with 11 vs 11.

BurnCK said:
I don't agree. I think we saw against Blackpool that 4-4-2 doesn't work (at least not yet), so why try it again against a good Arsenal side ? When we reverted back to our normal formation against Blackpool we looked a much better side.

I'm sure we will see 2 up top again when all players are fit and ready to go, but in the meantime this system seems to work....it was just unfortunate that we never really got the chance to show it because of the sending off.

Arsenal fans getting a bit giddy writing us off though, and Fabregas was an idiot with his '15 men' statement. We all know it would have been a totally different game with 11 vs 11.

4.4.2 against Arsenal! We played 4.5.1 against Arsenal and my guess is that it would have worked.Shame he picked the wrong defence.

It is all well and good playing with 3 holding midfielders defending a lead as we can score with them . But when chasing a game , it just looks slow and they provide no support to the frontmen . Milner imo should be in there adding some attacking threat coming from midfield . But you can't blame mancini as once you go down to ten men especially against arsenal it is very hard to come back from . You lose a midfielder you are a vitim of arsenal , to beat them you need to dominate the midfield , with 3 midfielders in there we looked for the first four minutes to be doing that . Then one of the midfielders had to drop into defence at points . But when chasing the game I would much have preferred to see AJ come on rathr than a half fit striker playing as a winger . But you can't complain , what's done is done and we can respond at wolves next week

hindsight is easy

our squad now offers us quality choices all over the pitch, so when we don't win a game its easier than ever to blame the manager for his decisions

for me it's all about toure, boyata doesn't start if he's fit and we've conceded 5 in 2 league games without him after looking pretty rock solid all season

Nelly's Left Foot said:
BurnCK said:
I don't agree. I think we saw against Blackpool that 4-4-2 doesn't work (at least not yet), so why try it again against a good Arsenal side ? When we reverted back to our normal formation against Blackpool we looked a much better side.

4.4.2 against Arsenal! We played 4.5.1 against Arsenal and my guess is that it would have worked.Shame he picked the wrong defence.

I know we played 4-5-1 against Arsenal....Im making a point to the OP that 4-4-2 against Arsenal wouldn't have worked (Ive now edited my original post as not to confuse).

Think he was just trying to get Mario some game time later on because he's been out for ages. AJ wouldn't have turned the game round at that point...

Greater good and all that.

typicalcity68 said:
The sending off yesterday has masked the fact that Bobby Manc's tactics were way off the mark.
Only Tevez upfront, three holding midfielders, it was obviously the plan to do a Chelsea on them...we really should have gone for it. Once the sending off occurred he appeared non plussed as to what to do.
I understand that injuries to Kolo and Carlos meant some decisions were made for him but then 2-0 down with 20 mins to go, he puts Balotelli on the right wing when we had one of the best wingers in the world on the bench. Bizarre.
Worst game from Milner too. AJ should have started.
Just my opinion.

We should just get over this and move on. The sending off is absolutely crucial in determining the outcome of the match. I doubt we will get a sending off in the 4th minute for this season again so there is no point to dwell on this. BTW, is Kolo playing? lol

arsenal would beat every team in the league with an extra man for the whole game, what did you expect bobby to do, bring the terminator on ?

dref619 said:
arsenal would beat every team in the league with an extra man for the whole game, what did you expect bobby to do, bring the terminator on ?

mario did come on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.