Bradford City Fire

jimharri said:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svI7AgMFqJY[/youtube]

Frightening just how rapidly that ''small'' fire got out of control.

Just to warn people; there are some distressing scenes on there.

makes me cry every time..those poor poor people..god bless to those who both lived and died..

We won promotion against Charlton that day. While walking back to the car someone told me about "a bit of a fire" at Bradford and it was only when I got home that I discovered how serious it had become.

jimharri said:

Jim.I have never seen this before and I am genuinely shocked at this.
Fucking hell. RIP to all those who lost their lives.

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:
jimharri said:

I remember about 30 died huddled together behind the stands- men women and children..
so very sad,and should be remembered..

yeah whatever !! said:
jimharri said:

I remember about 30 died huddled together behind the stands- men women and children..
I can believe that; people working in the bowels of the stand, and fans who were near the back of the stand panicking and heading for the (locked) exits rather than the pitch. Tragic, and they only went to watch a football match.

jimharri said:
yeah whatever !! said:

I can believe that; people working in the bowels of the stand, and fans who were near the back of the stand panicking and heading for the (locked) exits rather than the pitch. Tragic, and they only went to watch a football match.

I just read the whole story on Wiki. Tragic. The guy who came onto the pitch in flames that was smothered unfortunately lost his life to. Imagine if there had been fences...I dread to think!!!As you say a tragedy which should be remembered.

Horrible day that was. It's odd that you rarely hear anything about the event from the media, not sure why as it was a tragic event. One of the blokes on fire on the video sadly lost his life.

The only good thing is that they weren't fenced in like animals, otherwise I'm sure it would have been a few thousand dead from severe burns or smoke inhalation

jimharri said:
yeah whatever !! said:

I just read the whole story on Wiki. Tragic. The guy who came onto the pitch in flames that was smothered unfortunately lost his life to. Imagine if there had been fences...I dread to think!!!As you say a tragedy which should be remembered.

They bring up Rangers and Liverpool every year but you rarely will here about Bradford. Maybe it's because they aren't considered a 'bigger club

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.