Bradford City Fire

I was only 15 at the time and don't really remember the footage in as much detail as this, some of which is truly shocking. Even for 1985, for something as tragic as this to happen doesn't bear thinking about. RIP

Crouchinho said:
Horrible day that was. It's odd that you rarely hear anything about the event from the media, not sure why as it was a tragic event.

Unfortunately, the reason is all too obvious.

This, Hillsborough and Heysel should get equal prominence.

I'll say no more except "RIP".

I'll never forget that day.

Was at the Irish Cup Final at Windsor Park, Belfast that same day. Remember hearing the horrific stories from Bradford filtering through.

RIP.

East Level 2 said:
We won promotion against Charlton that day. While walking back to the car someone told me about "a bit of a fire" at Bradford and it was only when I got home that I discovered how serious it had become.

Same with me mate.

In the days before mobiles and stuff I had no idea til I got home.

RIP.

No need to compare the 96 with this, as a previous poster did. Totally different circumstances and no
football fan should lose their life supporting their team. RIP to all those who have died at hillsborough and bradford.

That should have been a day of celebration for Bradford City . Instead it was a day of horror for those who died and got injured . Its a day we should never forget . Rest in peace all those supporters that died that day .

I remember the day well. My late father in law was servicing my car in his garage and I had the commentary of our game on radio Lancashire.

I think we played Blackburn away that day. We lost and I was pissed off, then I went into his house to watch Grandstand and it was all there.

One guy had his head on fire, truly horrific and sad. It suddenly brought into focus that the Blackburn result didn't matter.

RIP to all those that lost their lives that day just going to a football match just like 47k+ will going to the Eitihad tomorrow.

Mr Ed (The Stables) said:
I remember the day well. My late father in law was servicing my car in his garage and I had the commentary of our game on radio Lancashire.

I think we played Blackburn away that day. We lost and I was pissed off, then I went into his house to watch Grandstand and it was all there.

One guy had his head on fire, truly horrific and sad. It suddenly brought into focus that the Blackburn result didn't matter.

RIP to all those that lost their lives that day just going to a football match just like 47k+ will going to the Eitihad tomorrow.
We played Charlton at Maine Road that day and sealed promotion back to the (then) first division with a 5-1 win. I was there that day. A great day that quickly turned flat when I got back home and saw what had happened at Bradford.

jimharri said:
Mr Ed (The Stables) said:

We played Charlton at Maine Road that day and sealed promotion back to the (then) first division with a 5-1 win. I was there that day. A great day that quickly turned flat when I got back home and saw what had happened at Bradford.
You're right Jim. Blackburn away was Hillsborough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.