Bradford City thread

In any case I don't get the Hughes hatred myself. Yeah I hated him as a player with his flying elbows and other dirty misdemeanours but as a man I have no issue with him particularly. He had the guts to have a go at City but it didn't work out. He couldn't organise a defence and we should have done better but he is far from our worst manager even taking into account the huge outlay. Allison was a great coach but a lousy manager twice over. Frank Clark a nice bloke who brought Horlock, Weaver and Wiekens in but he was next to clueless (and clueless by the end). Poor old John Bensen ....don't even start me but he was dealt a pretty bad hand...
Always find he speaks quite well. Liked him on Kickback with Nedum.

Make you wonder why they both carry on.

They must know they're flogging dead horses, getting no younger and loads of stress.

Multi millionaires in all likelihood, can't take it with you, just fuck off to the sun somewhere and relax. Neither of them are going to be at a top club again....unless, ah hang on I did say top club ;)

Seriously, if they feel the need to do something, go and manage in the sun/some national backwater team.
Maybe he’s after a promotion or a route back to another job at the top level ..........he gets it right here then it may open more avenues in the long run

I doubt Bradford have any money to speak of.
We ain’t got a pot to pee in but still have one of the best budgets in the league ......... just year after year of poor managers coming in and splashing it in dross :( I mean now we have 6 strikers and only one of them scores you goals the rest shouldn’t be even gracing this level that’s how bad they are :( a squad of 27 !!!!!! 21 of them out of contract in the summer and I bet only 3/4 of them get offered new deals ............ seems an obsession to have a huge squad full of crap rather than a small squad full of quality........ hopefully Hughes can get us back on tack

On his fifth attempt, Mark Hughes has finally overseen a home win for the Bantams.

It was their ninth game since they last won at Valley Parade, so it wasn’t entirely Hughes' fault.

On his fifth attempt, Mark Hughes has finally overseen a home win for the Bantams.

It was their ninth game since they last won at Valley Parade, so it wasn’t entirely Hughes' fault.
You could have picked a youth side to beat Scunthorpe .......... no wonder there gone ....... but the signs are looking good going into next season ......

You could have picked a youth side to beat Scunthorpe .......... no wonder there gone ....... but the signs are looking good going into next season ......
From what I’ve read in the T&A (local evening rag), a lot of the squad are playing for a new contract.

That could be to Hughes' advantage, as he will be able to retain those he feels he can work with, and bring in the players he wants, without having to sell first.

Provided he is equipped with a transfer kitty, of course.

From what I’ve read in the T&A (local evening rag), a lot of the squad are playing for a new contract.

That could be to Hughes' advantage, as he will be able to bring in the players he wants, without having to sell first.

Provided he is equipped with a transfer kitty, of course.
Mate the majority are on there way and they probably know it ........ he brought 6/7 of the players that ain’t getting a game at the moment against Colchester ........ we got badly beat 3-0 and it showed him what we have seen for the majority of the season that they are a very poor squad ........ a squad of 27 with 20 out of contact in the summer will be amazed if more that 3/4 survive to be honest ........., latest rumour buzz is that the former owner of Swansea Huw Jenkins is in the verge of buying us ??? Could be something in the rumour because I can’t see Hughes coming here with no insurance of a decent budget for next season

Mate the majority are on there way and they probably know it ........ he brought 6/7 of the players that ain’t getting a game at the moment against Colchester ........ we got badly beat 3-0 and it showed him what we have seen for the majority of the season that they are a very poor squad ........ a squad of 27 with 20 out of contact in the summer will be amazed if more that 3/4 survive to be honest ........., latest rumour buzz is that the former owner of Swansea Huw Jenkins is in the verge of buying us ??? Could be something in the rumour because I can’t see Hughes coming here with no insurance of a decent budget for next season
The T&A said the other day that there will be a decent - not the exact word, but near enough - budget in the summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.