Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted, would loved to have seen him develop with us.

Not to be, wish him well at Madrid though.

Can see him being at the Rags and us copping that 20% for the transfer in a few years. Apparently they were keen to sign him straight from us but we wouldn’t have done that.

Wake them up to what, we wanted them to stay they had other ideas. Or are you saying Pep should be forced to play them even if he doesnt think they are ready.

I prefer to rely on Maffeo, Sancho & Diaz as back up players to Walker, Sterling & Sergio instead of spending +130 million Pound to buy Mahrez ( Or Sanchez), Danilo & Jesus.

But anyway, its over.

Lets hope the players we bought will be better than our youngsters who we sold.

Catalan media love to dig up footage of RM players showing affection/devotion to Messi/Barcelona - some good ones online of a younger Brahim doing just that

Loved what Pep had to say in his pressy earlier, it's the same outlook all of you should have. Don't necessarily agree with him that it is comparable to Sancho because I still think the Mahrez purchase may have tipped those scales - however, it's true that you can only sell the player on the club and the path to making the first team. Committed players, those are who you have to bet on & Foden will be a City player for a longtime

Diaz was the first big Spanish talent that Mansoor et al plucked out of the youth ranks from under Barcelona back in 2013 - I still recall being disappointed on losing out on him but even then it was clear he chased the deal rather than club. He could be a genius signing for RM since he is perfectly suited to the style of the Primera. And at City, who was he really going to jump ahead of in the rotation? B.Silva struggled to displace D. Silva and now Foden is head of Brahim which means paltry minutes at best. You get lemons, you make lemonade - City made a positive deal when otherwise he was going for free

I prefer to rely on Maffeo, Sancho & Diaz as back up players to Walker, Sterling & Sergio instead of spending +130 million Pound to buy Mahrez ( Or Sanchez), Danilo & Jesus.

But anyway, its over.

Lets hope the players we bought will be better than our youngsters who we sold.

I take your point but there's also the argument that the first team players need to be pushed for their places rather than have understudies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.