Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
This kid can't be far away surely he looks like a young Silva him and Garcia look sure fire first teamers and need to get some game time
A season on loan in the Championship would serve him well i feel

This kid can't be far away surely he looks like a young Silva him and Garcia look sure fire first teamers and need to get some game time
A season on loan in the Championship would serve him well i feel
Hopefully we can give him some game time next season. I don't want to see him loaned out tbh, especially to a championship side.

Hopefully we can give him some game time next season. I don't want to see him loaned out tbh, especially to a championship side.

Totally agree. Keep him next season as a fringe 1st team player and ensure he continues with our work ethic and style of play.

Fully agree sure to pick up a whole host of bad habits. I have probably stated this before but imo if a player has to be sent out on loan because he is not able to nail down a squad place there is every chance that he will never be able to nail down a squad place. Period! I think you will find that if any academy player makes it on to the first team they will migrate directly. There will of course be the odd late developer. My own belief is that currently Foden, Diaz and Sancho may just have enough about them to make it but will need to make the breakthrough over the next 12-18 months

What is needed is a thinning out of our squad.

There is a summer clear out thread and you can see there are 5 to 10 players who will likely leave this summer. We may add some quality, especially full backs but I would like to think the overall squad size, in terms or senior players, is reduced significantly and the likes of Garcia, Diaz, Fodden and Sancho could all do a job as squad players. We have a load on loan as well. Denayer and Manu Garcia are probably closest from that lot to getting a chance. It will be time to let go of the likes of Brandon Barker (que loads of whining on here).

I would want to keep Diaz at the club initially, see if we can get him on a few times in Silva’s role.

I'd keep him far away from the championship unless a coach like Gary Monk was interested in him being a first team player, where we basically know he'll be learning the right lessons. We simply play in a style that not many in the championship do as of yet, until that changes creative players are somewhat destined to fail.

I hope he's been training with the first team, it'll be a valuable experience for him to know how adult professionals play compared to the kids he's used to coming up against. He looks a level above everyone he comes up against.

Saying all this I'd love him to visit New York and learn under Paddy V whilst playing with Pirlo and Villa.

I'd keep him far away from the championship unless a coach like Gary Monk was interested in him being a first team player, where we basically know he'll be learning the right lessons. We simply play in a style that not many in the championship do as of yet, until that changes creative players are somewhat destined to fail.

I hope he's been training with the first team, it'll be a valuable experience for him to know how adult professionals play compared to the kids he's used to coming up against. He looks a level above everyone he comes up against.

Saying all this I'd love him to visit New York and learn under Paddy V whilst playing with Pirlo and Villa.

Think that's a bit unfair, look at what Huddersfield are for Mooy - Playing the right football and getting games, we even rejected a 8m offer for him in Jan!

I would have no qualms sending out best youngsters to them again if they can contribute and earn a place in the side

There is one aspect he needs to improve & that's finishing, which I include final ball.

At least 5 or 6 of those positions on the vid, should end with a City player, in front of goal, with a nailed on scoring opportunity. The equivalent situations, with no final ball, would be below Navas level in a Prem game & he wouldn't be popular at all.

You would expect Aguero, Pep, Jesus etc threatening to kick his head in if he doesn't pick the pass, will be enough to solve that, as there is no question he is good enough to do it. Once.he solves that consistently, he's ready to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.