Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does he have to be at a Messi level to be involved? Is that really the criteria to decide if and when a new talent gets a game!

If that's the criteria you're judging young players on then we might as well close the CFA now as nobody will ever make it.

Thats not what i meant and worded it wrong , i was relating to if messi was good enough at 17 the maybe we should try Diaz out because he is talented.

Hard to take anything seriously on here isn't it. Someone comes with a sarcastic comment,then it's taken seriously....... or is it!
I will be seriously serious. I don't think we are serious about giving emerging talent a fair chance. I think the academy is a serious attempt to make money
by selling off graduates to mid order sides at home and abroad. It is not a serious attempt to produce seriously good youngsters capable of playing football at a seriously high level.

I will be seriously serious. I don't think we are serious about giving emerging talent a fair chance. I think the academy is a serious attempt to make money
by selling off graduates to mid order sides at home and abroad. It is not a serious attempt to produce seriously good youngsters capable of playing football at a seriously high level.

Do you not think it could be both ? IMO, world class players are few and far between so all you can do is give yourself the best chance of unearthing such a diamond by having the right infrastructure.

A successful infrastructure should be self funding by producing sufficient numbers of players who reach a good enough standard to fetch a decent fee. They will always far outnumber the ones who reach CL standard so I wouldn't read too much into the fact that we sell on more players than we use.

Do you not think it could be both ? IMO, world class players are few and far between so all you can do is give yourself the best chance of unearthing such a diamond by having the right infrastructure.

A successful infrastructure should be self funding by producing sufficient numbers of players who reach a good enough standard to fetch a decent fee. They will always far outnumber the ones who reach CL standard so I wouldn't read too much into the fact that we sell on more players than we use.

Thats pretty well exactly what i think and realistically it couldnt be anything else. I believe we, City, are incredibly keen to produce home grown players and our owners certainly are. But its just not that easy to get players at a high enough level for what City are aiming for. Many, probably the vast majority won't quite make it but hopefully not all.

And along with everyone else I just hope that if a really good player is decided as not quite good enough thay have at least had a chance with the first team to try and prove they are.

Diaz is going to be a great player... possibly a world class player, but he's not ready

He needs to get a bit stronger and learn when to release the ball quicker sometimes. When he does he could be frighteningly good

Diaz is going to be a great player... possibly a world class player, but he's not ready

He needs to get a bit stronger and learn when to release the ball quicker sometimes. When he does he could be frighteningly good

Which is why Pep will involve him with the first team in pre season and then gradually at the right times and often enough at the right level.

He will only become a world class player if he gets tested at a higher level, pretty much now.

Either our first team squad or out on loan. If it's neither & he just swans around in the EDS for a year, people will be talking about someone else this time next year & how he wasn't as good as we thought he was, same as so many others. His standard will drop as he goes through the motions.

If you are good enough then play them I say, the issue is what is at stake which is why clubs do not do it often enough. It is a gamble, sometimes one that is forced upon you because of injury - rashford a prime example.

It would be great for Pep to just go, you know what get on the bench Diaz, and throw him on towards the end

Based on the transfer rumours and our current squad, I can't see him getting many chances again next season.

Anyone think a loan to Celtic could work? With Patrick Roberts coming back, maybe there's an opening for Diaz to go and get regular games.

He's tough already, but a year in Scotland wouldn't do him any harm and there's potential for some Champions League game time.

They have to stop playing him on the wing because he really is not very good there. He will pick up bad habits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.