Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
FantasyIreland said:
Id be surprised if he doesn't gate crash the Euro Championships next year.

That would be great but I doubt it very much.

Nearly all of the U21's are playing in the Premier League or the Championship so unless he plays for us or goes on loan and impresses I can't see him getting called up.

I think Sterling dropping into the u21s is more likely than Barker being promoted for the Euro's.

It's not impossible that he could make the u21 euros next summer. He'd just need a few games for us this year. If he gets 3 or 4 first team games I think he will. If not, no chance he'll get ahead of players who play week in week out. I'd argue he has more chance of making the actual euros in 2016 cos by then I think he'll have broken through at City.

twosips said:
It's not impossible that he could make the u21 euros next summer. He'd just need a few games for us this year. If he gets 3 or 4 first team games I think he will. If not, no chance he'll get ahead of players who play week in week out. I'd argue he has more chance of making the actual euros in 2016 cos by then I think he'll have broken through at City.
You lot really have got your hopes up!
I wish it was so well, that would be amazing!

He would need to get games in the League Cup if he was to gatecrash the England U21's.

The position he plays is one which lends itself to early fast tracking imo. If you pick a young centre back for the first team & he flops, you lose. A young winger has a quiet game, he is no more a liability than most older wingers, who are also prone to having quiet games. Just take him off & try another day. On the other hand, if he skins a couple of players & whacks a cross in, the whole ground is on its feet & the oppo is nervous.

They should get him involved as soon as it is feasible to do so imo.

Neville Kneville said:
He would need to get games in the League Cup if he was to gatecrash the England U21's.

The position he plays is one which lends itself to early fast tracking imo. If you pick a young centre back for the first team & he flops, you lose. A young winger has a quiet game, he is no more a liability than most older wingers, who are also prone to having quiet games. Just take him off & try another day. On the other hand, if he skins a couple of players & whacks a cross in, the whole ground is on its feet & the oppo is nervous.

Exactly. Playing him is relatively low risk - hence why i think he will actually get chances over the next year or so. Excellent talent that I really think has a proper chance of becoming a star. I don't see anything that Sterling can do that Barker won't be able to.

twosips said:
Neville Kneville said:

Exactly. Playing him is relatively low risk - hence why i think he will actually get chances over the next year or so. Excellent talent that I really think has a proper chance of becoming a star. I don't see anything that Sterling can do that Barker won't be able to.

I agree, provided he remains on track & doesn't lose his way/get too big for his boots, works hard etc. He has everything you could want in a player for that job.

Let's not build him up to much. He could make it but as long as he gets a few chances and proves himself then that would be great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.