Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he can go to NAC & rediscover the link up he had with Angelino in 14/15, we'll be onto something

The problem for players like Barker is the lower you drop the harder it becomes for them...he will be probably one of the most technically gifted players at any club outside the prem he finds himself...it's easy when your team is dominating possession and your not really having to do much defensively it changes though as you drop down the levels wingers and No10s (that's if the club you find yourself at even use a 10) have to graft their bollocks off as well as create and if it's not in your locker the chances are it never was and you will slip further and further away and players who really couldn't lace your boots technically will climb above you

Hopefully somewhere like Scotland is the right level for him to get back on track, the kid did seriously well for a period in the EDS and I think he'll do reasonably well in Scotland if he recaptures that form.

The problem for players like Barker is the lower you drop the harder it becomes for them...he will be probably one of the most technically gifted players at any club outside the prem he finds himself...it's easy when your team is dominating possession and your not really having to do much defensively it changes though as you drop down the levels wingers and No10s (that's if the club you find yourself at even use a 10) have to graft their bollocks off as well as create and if it's not in your locker the chances are it never was and you will slip further and further away and players who really couldn't lace your boots technically will climb above you
Not sure i agree with this post.Wingers in the modern game have to work their bollocks off at the very highest level,not just as u drop down the divisions.
Have a look at Leroy Sarne having to dig in over in Spain,a real lesson in working hard ,fantastic peice of footballing education from Pep.The days of wingers simply waiting for the ball to be delivered to them have gone.ok Sarne was playing left wing back if you like but the reason one of europes finest wide players ended up in that role was for him to learn more about his defensive duties,and sharpern up his ball recovery skills.
Reminded me of the days when Brian Clough used to select his son Nigel,the clubs centre forward, to play at centre back during the old Central league (reserve)games....Giving him a footballing education which could only help when he next played centre forward for the first team.Clough juniour played this role very well,timing his tackles and interceptions perfectly....Sarne was involved in a real battle on Tues night,but the game will have given him some real insight into the requirements of any wide player in the City first team.Sterling will have been watching very closely too.
Brandon Barker i,m sure, will muck in and work hard at his new club,and that industry in tandem with his high quality ball playing skills will,i,m sure see him prosper up in Scotland. Good luck Brandon,watched many a reserve game when the lad appeared to be the best player on the pitch.

Apparently has a really bad attitude and will never get close to our first team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.