Breaking records/stats thread

I thought IFAB originally said wins on penalties were included, but seem to have changed their mind.
Yes @Gary James always said IFAB counted it as a win, (along with a number of the top football stattos) City actually had a piece on the website saying IFAB classed it as a win too. Although I emailed IFAB after the Wolves game and David Elleray responded with the attached, which I took to mean it wasn't classed as a win, to me it has always been a very grey area.

Anyway the record is definitely 20 now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210228-092211_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210228-092211_Gmail.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 54
Yes @Gary James always said IFAB counted it as a win, (along with a number of the top football stattos) City actually had a piece on the website saying IFAB classed it as a win too. Although I emailed IFAB after the Wolves game and David Elleray responded with the attached, which I took to mean it wasn't classed as a win, to me it has always been a very grey area.

It was David Elleray who sent me an email saying it counted as a win for sequence purposes back in 2017. I didn’t care either way. I just wanted consistency but now, 4 years on, Elleray’s changed his mind. It seems he’ll say whatever he thinks the person asking wants him to say.

Wouldn't pay that any mind, Elleray never had a clue when he was a referee, don't see why he'd be any different now.

Why don't we just play the for it, on the pitch, winner takes all.

Why don't we just play the for it, on the pitch, winner takes all.
I'm happy with their view as long as they take 2 European Cups off the dippers and 1 off the rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.