Breaking records/stats thread

Nothing we had in yesteryear can compare with what we have now. And I have been watching for some 55 years
Funnily enough, same for me too.
Started just before you young lads, in 1959.

I am now coming to the same conclusion that this is consistently the best football I have ever seen by City.
The 1968 team was excellent, with an all English team (the last time it happened, by the way), but this is at another level.

Has this ever been done in the premier league or has any team come close?
IIRC at the time it was only the second time in history 3 different players had scored a hatrick in the same match. Can't remember the other but it was in the 1890's. Watched the highlights of that game hundreds of time on VHS (not in the last 20 years) and I'm sure that fact was mentioned on there with tyldesley and Worthington.
Hasn't been done in England since, and probably won't in my lifetime.

IIRC at the time it was only the second time in history 3 different players had scored a hatrick in the same match. Can't remember the other but it was in the 1890's. Watched the highlights of that game hundreds of time on VHS (not in the last 20 years) and I'm sure that fact was mentioned on there with tyldesley and Worthington.
Hasn't been done in England since, and probably won't in my lifetime.

Triple hat-tricks have been done 3 times in the League and twice in the FAC:

1909 West, Hooper & Spouncer for Forest V Leicester (Division One)
1915 Carr, Elliott &Tinsley for Middlesbrough v Goole(FAC)
1960 Allen, Smith & Jones for Spurs v Crewe (FAC - that day Allen scored 5 and Smith 4)
1962 Barnes, Wyn Davies & Ambler for Wrexham v Hartlepool (Div 4)
1987 Adcock, White & Stewart for City v Huddersfield (Div 2)

It has not been done since.

Think I read somewhere that United have the longest unbeaten record in England across all competitions - 33 games in their treble winning season - so we’re 8 games away from equalling that.

We’re now up to 10 away wins in a row in all competitions - anyone know what the English record is?

Regarding the Huddersfield 10-1, if I’m not mistaken no team has scored 10 in an English league game since. Bet365 are offering odds of 100-1 that we do it......on Sunday against Huddersfield! And it’s 14-1 that we score 10 or more in a league game by the end of the season.

Think I read somewhere that United have the longest unbeaten record in England across all competitions - 33 games in their treble winning season - so we’re 8 games away from equalling that.

We’re now up to 10 away wins in a row in all competitions - anyone know what the English record is?

Regarding the Huddersfield 10-1, if I’m not mistaken no team has scored 10 in an English league game since. Bet365 are offering odds of 100-1 that we do it......on Sunday against Huddersfield! And it’s 14-1 that we score 10 or more in a league game by the end of the season.

Forest went 40 games unbeaten

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.