Breaking records/stats thread

"The last team in England's top flight to register 12 consecutive wins in all competitions were Arsenal, who did so between August and October 2007" - BBC Sport

The interesting thing about this stat is that Arsenal's achievement was over a 60 day period.

We have achieved it in just 43 days, with a significant number of our players unavailable during this period due to covid.

Did we not have a similar run in January 2019? I think it was 7 out of 8 then, but with a similar goals scored and conceded column if I remember rightly?

Hopefully that's a sign.

In Jan 19 we won the first 7 games scoring 30 and conceding just 1. The sequence included the 9-0 and 7-0 in the cups. So the football gods conspired against for disrespecting football and we lost the last game of the month to Newcastle 2-1.

The 14 game winning sequence to win the title duly followed. Peak City in my opinion and only conceding 4 goals in those 14 games.

"The last team in England's top flight to register 12 consecutive wins in all competitions were Arsenal, who did so between August and October 2007" - BBC Sport

The interesting thing about this stat is that Arsenal's achievement was over a 60 day period.

We have achieved it in just 43 days, with a significant number of our players unavailable during this period due to covid.

We already have the record with 20 consecutive wins all comps in 17/18. This includes a 0-0 LC tie against Wolves which we won on penalties. Officially counted as a win according to links in here:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.