Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

It was really noticeable last night, lots of obvious tourists in half and half scarves and some very expensive clobber. I’m absolutely no fashion expert but two Asian guys stood next to us underneath before the game had Montcler and Canada Goose jackets respectively, and that is pricey stuff. So paying hundreds for a ticket is presumably not a problem. It creates tension, and it obviously did last night, but if these tickets are being sold on by points holding blues to touts or agencies, rather than directly by City, it isn’t really the clubs fault. But who knows for sure.
who knows how involved the club are. I would say 10-15% of the fans there last night were tourists. It’s was quite a big number. The rest made plenty of noise though. The fans (8/9 others) on my row didn’t sing at all and a few were definitely not supporting anyone as seemed to be just as excited when Brentford attacked as when we did. Didn’t really celebrate when we scored either.

Sure and that is a pitfall of Twitter.

What Maupay said to Walker isn’t known, but it’s most likely to be something about his current private life and if it was, Walker has invited it happening in every game he plays in for the foreseeable future unless he shows he can deal with it better.
Agreed but I have to say - I think that Maupay seems like a very despicable knob who is getting a bit of a nasty reputation

-scores goals - 15 so far this season.
-work-rate - makes even Jesus looking like Havertz on the pitch
-easy maintenance - fits into any of Pep's systems and formation

Yes, he's got an excellent goal return. Which has been really important especially with KDB and Erling out for as long as they were out for. But in terms of fitting into Pep's system, I totally disagree. He doesn't fit because he's nowhere near the technical level needed. Probably the least technical attacker we've utilised regularly since Pep arrived at City.

I am being harsh in that the goals are so fucking important and in terms of being Haaland's deputy, he's incredible. I love him as a 9/false 9. Just don't see the value in him as an attacking mid 8/10 hybrid.

Interesting to see you say that about Alvarez mate, as it’s exactly what we were all sat there saying too. I just don’t think he suits the style once Big Erl is in the side, and we looked devoid of structure in that first 30 mins when no one looked like they knew where they should be.

Pep seems like he has no intention of moving Julian wide, and consequently now that Kev is back and Phil is playing so well then for me we need Julian on the bench for some games - in an ideal world Stones or Akanji becomes the extra man with Rodders which allows Kev and Phil to play behind Erl, then we can have 2 wide players.

Bit worrying too, on another note, as to how lost Bernie looked out on the right last night, he was poor.

Yes, I think what changed is someone told Julien to stop bother dropping into midfield as he kept giving the ball away. After that Phil played A LOT like Gundo did at his best for City. Dropping deep, dictating play, but then also getting into the box and being dangerous as a goal threat.

Bernie will be fine I reckon because he'll definitely be needed in the bigger games, and, last night we seemed to have trained to attack down our left hand side as much as possible.

Facing the better teams we can not keep turning off and giving a goal away
But when Haaland and KDB get match fit and games under their belts, I think they will be firing very soon and goals will be flowing, Last night City should have been 3 or 4 before Brentford scored, that would have changed their game plan and the City team settle down,

There are still loads of improvements to come but we are starting to gel and when we are on it lookout

To be fair it was our best opportunity to beat 'the Bees', since they had their pacy attackers in Mbeumo & Wissa out yesterday evening. These two along with Toney outdid us on the counter home & away previous seasons which of course the Brentford PA & video set loved to show at the ground just before the match started.

After we went ahead thought it would have been perfect for Grealish to come on instead of Doku in order to keep the ball, retain possession & minimise the counter transitional play Brentford were relying on.

I really wasn't comfortable until we got the third goal, but without their two pacy players mentioned earlier Brentford seemed toothless in the second half, apart from set pieces.

I for one hope our Rolls Royce of a defender John Stones returns to full fitness in order to bring some stability to the defence which in most recent times including last night have displayed some Keegan-esque defending.

Interesting to see you say that about Alvarez mate, as it’s exactly what we were all sat there saying too. I just don’t think he suits the style once Big Erl is in the side, and we looked devoid of structure in that first 30 mins when no one looked like they knew where they should be.

Pep seems like he has no intention of moving Julian wide, and consequently now that Kev is back and Phil is playing so well then for me we need Julian on the bench for some games - in an ideal world Stones or Akanji becomes the extra man with Rodders which allows Kev and Phil to play behind Erl, then we can have 2 wide players.

Bit worrying too, on another note, as to how lost Bernie looked out on the right last night, he was poor.
I also don’t think there’s a place for Alvarez in our strongest team.

—————————-eddie

Walker———-stones———Díaz—————-Ake
I
(Stones). Rodri

—————-Kev——————————-Foden

Bernardo———————————————-Doku(Grealish)

————————————-erling

For me

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.