Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I also don’t think there’s a place for Alvarez in our strongest team.

—————————-eddie

Walker———-stones———Díaz—————-Ake
I
(Stones). Rodri

—————-Kev——————————-Foden

Bernardo———————————————-Doku(Grealish)

————————————-erling

For me
Yeah, it’s pretty much that for me too. Rotating Bernie, Doku and Jack for the 2 wide spots, Phil can go out there too if necessary to have more control in midfield by playing Kovacic in there with Rodders every now and then. Alvarez will be hugely important to us across rest of season but as @BillyShears said, he’s had plenty of minutes that he shouldn’t chuck his teddy out if he gets benched a few times.

Yeah, it’s pretty much that for me too. Rotating Bernie, Doku and Jack for the 2 wide spots, Phil can go out there too if necessary to have more control in midfield by playing Kovacic in there with Rodders every now and then. Alvarez will be hugely important to us across rest of season but as @BillyShears said, he’s had plenty of minutes that he shouldn’t chuck his teddy out if he gets benched a few times.
Yes, and when stones is stepping up the full backs won’t push on as much, staying back as a three, which gives the wide men room to play.

Haaland's contribution was key.

First goal : Brentford defender thinks Haaland is behind him and clears the ball straight to Foden.
Second goal : Haaland has two Brentford defenders tight onto him leaving Foden acres of space to run into.
Third goal = Haaland assist.

Great to have the big man back, scares the life out of opponents.
Don’t agree mate I mean ok he had an assist last night but that one on one should have been buried and this season he had a lot of easy chances .

Great result and what a performance by Phil.

The number of goals we are conceding is a bit of a concern - 25 already this season. In the last few seasons we have been tighter defensively. Goals conceded in previous seasons under Pep.

2022/23 33
2021/22 26
2020/21 32
2019/20 35
2018/19 23
2017/18 27
2016/17 41

If we can start defending better then I think we will win the league. Should be targeting conceding no more than ten more in our remaining 16 games.
It's the trade off Pep is prepared to accept to enable us to play more attacking players against teams who sit back and are happy to spoil the game. Very few teams will try and play football against us, as they cant compete.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.