Brentford (A) | PL | Post Match Thread

I also don’t think there’s a place for Alvarez in our strongest team.

—————————-eddie

Walker———-stones———Díaz—————-Ake
I
(Stones). Rodri

—————-Kev——————————-Foden

Bernardo———————————————-Doku(Grealish)

————————————-erling

For me

Agreed. I think we're at the point that he has more than enough appearances/starts this season to be able to do a bit of bench time. Even from a minutes played POV Alvarez must be reaching rest time (Phil will need one soon too reckon).

Anfield selection if everyone if fit will give us an insight into what Pep thinks our best team is for BIG games like CL semis etc.

I must admit last night's game had me worried. Games against Brentford are never easy. They are the modern equivalent of Stoke and Wimbledon away combined. A big, physical long ball style side with some decent players. When they went ahead and with their keeper playing like a modern day Gordon Banks I feared it might be one of those nights. Thankfully it wasn't.
After the Arsenal win opened the door for us it was important to take full advantage to pile the pressure on and we did. Liverpool's next few fixtures are easy on paper so I don't see them dropping many, if any points. It would be great if we could go to Anfield three or four points ahead so if we lose there it's not damaging. We're in a great position now, it's up to us to keep it going.

pretty sure we lost at Brentford in 1989 in cup ties, remember Oldfield scoring in a 2-1 defeat, we definitely lost 3-1 season before in FA Cup but i can't remember off top of my head who scored our goal
Gleghorn I think in FA cup. Was at that game , soaking wet holding an inflatable jukebox over my head. Am sure Andy Sinton was playing for Brentford but as you've mentioned the league cup game not sure if I am confusing the 2 !!

Gleghorn I think in FA cup. Was at that game , soaking wet holding an inflatable jukebox over my head. Am sure Andy Sinton was playing for Brentford but as you've mentioned the league cup game not sure if I am confusing the 2 !!
played them in FA Cup 4th round in 89 season and lost 3-1 we went on to win promotion, we drew them in league cup following season which was 2 legs lost away then beat them at Maine Road round the time we of the Maine Road 5-1

Another controlled performance last night I think the only thing that can stop us is trying to fit so many good players into the team to keep them happy.

To be fair it was our best opportunity to beat 'the Bees', since they had their pacy attackers in Mbeumo & Wissa out yesterday evening. These two along with Toney outdid us on the counter home & away previous seasons which of course the Brentford PA & video set loved to show at the ground just before the match started.

After we went ahead thought it would have been perfect for Grealish to come on instead of Doku in order to keep the ball, retain possession & minimise the counter transitional play Brentford were relying on.

I really wasn't comfortable until we got the third goal, but without their two pacy players mentioned earlier Brentford seemed toothless in the second half, apart from set pieces.

I for one hope our Rolls Royce of a defender John Stones returns to full fitness in order to bring some stability to the defence which in most recent times including last night have displayed some Keegan-esque defending.

The Elite teams don't worry about Brentford home or away, No disrespect to Brentford or their strikers But Manchester City are Now an ELITE team and we can go and play anywhere and beat anybody, Last night we showed our power and only good keeping by the Brentford Keeper and some sloppy finishing kept them in the game.

Nothing more than a modern day Bellamy with less goals.

We loved Bellamy when he played for us, hated him when he played for the opposition.

Bellamy was streets ahead of Maupey in ability as well as his ability to wind others up.

Maupey is really shit as a striker .

Last edited:
a twat until they are our twat...always the same for every club.
Michael Brown made me cringe playing for us, Gerry Gow and Nige, as well, but last night, would have cheered them to fck if they had levelled maupay...

I thought last night was an exceptional demonstration of how well Foden has developed under Pep. He's genuinely excellent at smelling out pockets on the pitch that all of his years of being moved around, and the false 9 season especially, has really honed that skill for him.
He is a great player, his touch is excellent. He would walk into any football club in the world

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.