Brentford (A) - Sun 28th May, 16:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rest fucking everyone. Seriously.

If there's a chance the player might be needed for either final, leave them out.

Convinced after tonight that Brentford will know they can try and kick us out of the game and the ref will give us little protection, if any. They'll hope that we'll back out to avoid injuries and tbh I could understand any of our important players feeling that way.

So play players who'll be desperate to do their best and to impress. Kids. Stick as many of the u23s in as possible and fill the spaces with u18s.

Might make it a bit of a home banker, but why should we care? Let Ivan Toney make some extra money while he's not available...

Ps. Yes, Stones going off terrified me.
I would normally say play your strongest eleven but in this case that could prove folly. Assuming that Ake doesn't recover in time, we are already down to 14 outfield players, the rest are kids and players that are out of form and/or confidence. We simply cannot afford one more injury to anyone key, and Brentford are a big, powerful team that will want the honour of being the only team in the league to have beaten us twice in the season. Brentford will put themselves about and I'd accept the loss now if it meant we went into both finals with everyone fit.

Ederson

Lewis
Dias
Akanji
Laporte

Rodri
Gundogan
De Bruyne

Grealish
Bernardo
Haaland

Match sharpness and rhythm is what we need going into the final, Basically our last game for preparation before the Rags.

Walker has being playing constantly I think he's due a rest. Stones and Foden won't be risked. Hopefully it's a nice end of season game.

It's not just fitness though, it's rhythm and match sharpness.
Which of our players look like they lack match sharpness? It's all about mental strength at this stage of the season, they won't gain or lose fitness by playing or not playing at Brentford. Stones for example should now be wrapped in cotton wool for the finals, because nobody else can do his job, the same can also be said for Rodri and Haaland in that we have no like for like replacement if they get injured.

Which of our players look like they lack match sharpness? It's all about mental strength at this stage of the season, they won't gain or lose fitness by playing or not playing at Brentford. Stones for example should now be wrapped in cotton wool for the finals, because nobody else can do his job, the same can also be said for Rodri and Haaland in that we have no like for like replacement if they get injured.
As I said above - Some haven't played since Madrid which was a week ago. It's another 10 days to the FA cup final, so that would be 17 days without playing.

I'm not sure that is ideal but we will have expert to judge that type of thing, so we'll see on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.