Brentford (A) - Wed 29th Dec, 20:15 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A early goal will set us up big time. I can see a 3 to 4 goal win for us. With Liverpool dropping points we will go all out to win this game. Then Liverpool v Chelsea at the weekend to come and us playing Arsenal 2 wins in the next 2 games or 4 points i will be more than happy with. Then Chelsea and Liverpool loose a few major players for ACON by the time there all back we could be opening a bigger gap in that time.

This will be pretty tough, it will feel like an old fashioned cup tie. They deserved their point against Liverpool and should have taken at least a point against Chelsea. It’s really one of those games where we’re going to have to subdue the crowd and give them very little to cheer about.

I feel that we are now full of confidence and playing well. Don’t need to worry about Liverpool or Chelsea. Concentrate on securing 3 points from every match from now on.
Probably lose to Swindon in the FA Cup though……..

If Rodri is out for longer, I worry about playing Dinho here and against Arsenal.

Perhaps it’s worth trying Zinchenko as a DM and letting Ake play as a defensive left back, still transition to our usual 325 attack.

Dias————Laporte————Ake
————Cancelo————Zinny
Sterling-Bernie-Grealish-KdB-Foden

Just hope that Pep doesn’t start praising Thomas Frank as the “Danish Bielsa”.
If he does….we’re fucked.

As much as I have loved Fernandinho, I hope he doesn't get another start in the league. Two of De Bruyne, Bernardo, and Gundogan might be good. Who knows what Guardiola has in store?

I'm assuming those out last game remain out and nobody else is unavailable
Ederson
Cancelo
Dias
Laporte
Ake
Zinchenko
Bernardo
Gundogan
Mahrez
Sterling
Foden

Bit of a risk to play all our available defenders but if Rodri's out until after New year with covid we can't ask Fernandinho to play 3 games in a week and he will be needed for arsenal which is the tougher game on paper. Zinchenko in there for a game with Bernardo and gundogan helping should be serviceable.

Front 3 is where we have the numbers to rotate if neccesary but I'd be playing mahrez every game whilst he's here, sterling is bang in form and we want that to continue and I've stuck foden in for kdb purely on rotation.

Other option would be to go with gundogan holding which is probably a more natural fit but then we're playing him Bernardo and kdb and we need to preserve our midfielders too.

Unless he expects Rodri back for new years it would be mental to use Fernndinho limited legs for this.

Absolute must win. Would be a huge boost to a deflated dipper side if we dropped anything here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.