Brentford (A) - Wed 29th Dec, 20:15 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what time it will get called off. Gunna hang on as 1pm seems common.

Given the number of absentees and two tricky games in less than 3 days, I think it is premature to suggest we might be 12 points clear of Liverpool and Chelsea by Sunday. That mad second half on Boxing Day meant Pep couldn’t use his substitutes as planned and sooner or later fatigue will cost us.
I think we'll beat Brentford but lose to Arsenal. The Covid postponements are making a lottery of the Christmas fixtures. Leicester showed that a tired, under-strength side can beat a rested side but that was a shock.

My concern for this game is the potential absence of Rodri.

Although Arsenal game is postponed and they have more rest than us, I think we won't have much problems with them. Of course, we'll eventually lose points somewhere but I can't see Saka/Martinelli/ESR & co. making Dias,Cancelo,Walker,Laporte some serious problems.
Look-man, as wee saw last night, more rest doesn't necessarily means better performance.
Lets widen the gap in PL, and concentrate on winning that UCL! Come on City!

Not bothered about the fatigue. Playing sunday Wednesday Saturday is no different to a champions leagues week. We have been fortunate with the tv fixtures

Not bothered about the fatigue. Playing sunday Wednesday Saturday is no different to a champions leagues week. We have been fortunate with the tv fixtures

Yeah, in all fairness the fixtures have fallen pretty kindly. We've had worse Christmas schedules under Pep.

Apparently Brentford are decimated with injuries and covid, be interested to see if it goes ahead but their last game v Brighton went ahead.

This game and the Arsenal game is against teams who are very mobile quick on the break it going to be a very tough game at Arsenal with the confidence sky high and when young players are full of confidence this will be so hard for us especially with Arsenal having a week rest.

We need to win tonight then a draw or a loss is just a hiccup.

Tonight just needs one of our professional performances.

Pass them to death and then pick them off. If our recent form continues I can't see how they'll be able to live with us.

On the flip side, we come out slow and don't bring our shooting boots it could be a long night.

I'm expecting Grealish and Foden to run the show with a nice cameo from Palmer late on.

After the Liverpool loss last night this now becomes a massive game for us . 9 points clear could even be 12 by the time they play Chelsea away . Need to win tonight .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.