Brentford (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

On that match thread I saw posts that said Dias, Akanji, Walker, Alvarez and Haaland as not very good and shouldn't be playing at City.

Gave up with the thread.
Yep. Avoid it like the plague. It's not fit for purpose so I won't be looking at it............. ever.

It's funny when the rags and dippers play these type of teams, they're accommodated with space and submission. Not a ten man wall with Yashin in the net.

Indeed

Although I do think the way we play, passing the ball side to side with an often slower build up allows for teams to get back and set themselves, and why wouldn't they? I don't think it's much coincidence that when we scored is when we played our most direct football, getting the ball up the pitch in two or three passes, which is what the dippers do.

Obviously the way we play is very successful too but I don't think there's anything wrong with those trying to move the ball quicker sometimes, it worked for the goal. There was a pint last night where we were on the break and Doku just strolled down the wing instead of moving quickly and I think if that was the dippers, they probably would have tried to move it quick and direct and not allow Brentford to set themselves.

Liverpool play much more direct than us and get the ball of the pitch very fast which has it merits against teams that would otherwise happily park the bus if they have to.

As for the rags, it's hard to really say because they pretty much play underdog football and seem to get out played every game but just try to catch teams on the counter.

Anyway I do think there's an element of teams just turning up to try to survive and nick a point against us more than against any other team, but i also think it is partly the way that we play football and build our attacks that does allow teams to park the bus a bit more

What is with the media up toneys arse all game , if one of our players had a long ban for gambling and was a diving champion he would have got battered every time he played , it was sickening all the arse licking he got

On the game, a win is a win, good job blueboys
Linked with a move to Le arse so he has a press halo over his head now

teams stay deep,they dont commit , if they did they would get thrashed, they start at 0-0 and 99% of teams would be delighted if it finished that way, pace wont get behind a defence that sits so deep, passing and movement will, we dont need fast players usually, we need clever players who can see a space and can pick a pass, when teams do need to come out then the faster players are more helpful, control,passing and intelligence has worked for us, i really cant see why people are a bit down at the moment.
Oh, Yeah! I often say that teams would be delighted with what they came with - 0-0! They'd also like to include their goals from the warm up. Every game at the Etihad in 2024 has been a perfect example of that, although CFC were a little more ambitious than Burnley, EFC 'n Brentford. It does lift the spirit when yer see teams suffer what Brentford suffered last night. But I suppose they think that if they are gonna get beat then 1-0 is as good as it gets. Would have been just desserts had Bernardo's header gone in, and the shots from Alvarez, Foden, Rodri et al and the stats were thoroughly reflected in the scoreline.

Except they didn't. Early doors it was end to end. Only when Liverpool had scored a couple could it be described as a stroll.
From what I remember, their goals (or a couple of them at least) came from a Van Dick boot as high and far as he could kick it. Hoofball at it's finest.... not.

Agreed with most of what you say.

What I don't understand though, is why have we resorted to putting Haaland on the goal line for corners?? He is much more effective starting on the 6 yard line and coming in to meet the ball...
Yeah, I noticed in the CFC game that all the action before a corner was taken was twelve or fifteen players jostling in the goal area.

Yep. Avoid it like the plague. It's not fit for purpose so I won't be looking at it............. ever.
Even pre match I get out as soon as the team announced, last night stayed a little longer than usual and almost got sucked in, gave myself a shake and got out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.