Brentford (H) - PL | Post Match Thread

Overall you have to say we deserved the win but the opening 15-20 minutes was as bad as the first half against United in the Cup Final. We could have been out of sight in the second half but in some ways got lucky as Brentford could easily have scored at the death. I never felt comfortable at 2-1.
I very rarely feel comfortable at one up towards the end of a game.

In the second half. After the changes at half time and with Wissa going off for them, i thought we were the better team and got better as the half went on!
Yes when they tired we were better and overall I thought we were slightly better but not much. The way they cut through us was a bit of a concern. That midfield is too slow for pacy teams.

After a very dodgy start, we got the job done, though credit to Brentford; they made us work for the three points right until the end. Their goalkeeper was outstanding, and made some very impressive saves.

I didn’t think any of the players was particularly impressive today, but, as a collective, they got the job done.
How are you doing V?

One tiny concern I had in the game that I will confess to is that, at points, our midfield started to look a bit... old? A bit slow? The average age of the three players in the middle today (Kovacic, De Bruyne, Gundogan) was 31.5 and there were moments when it looked a bit easy for Brentford when winning the second balls. Foden will be back soon, McAtee and Nunes will get minutes, and Echeverri is coming in January, but you'd hope that the likes of Wirtz and Musiala are being considered as well. This core group of players we've had for about 6-7 years now has been incredible but we don't want to end up where we were during Pellegrini's last year and Pep's first season, where he had no option but to turn to players like Zabaleta, Navas, Sagna, Yaya Toure, Kolarov, etc. time and time again.

Not too bad, thanks, J.

The support I’ve received from fellow Bluemooners has been as welcome as it is touching.

We really have built up a truly remarkable community on this board.
Generally speaking, we're not a bad bunch. The forum as a whole cares for its own. When a respected member like yourself has to deal with a crushing blow like you've had, we're sympathetic towards that member. Keep your chin up V.

And yes; I know, it's very easy for me to say that. Harder for you to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.