Brentford (H) - Post-Match Thread

Re fans being ball watchers. I completely agree. I do try to only have the ball in my peripheral vision. You get a totally different perspective.
However I didn't go last night as I don't get home until after 1.00am for night games, so watched it on TV. Totally different I tend to ball watch as impossible to watch it properly because of the constantly changing camera angles.
I suppose people who don't attend see a very different game.
City's movement is incredible, ball watchers cannot appreciate it.
Yes, we had a very rare expedition down South for an Ethihad family gathering courtesy of my daughter giving us tickets for Christmas. We were high up in the top tier above the Brentford dugout and so had a bird's eye view of proceedings. I saw a couple of players in a quite different light. Foden, who on TV we seem to get a collection of cameos with little in between whereas on Wednesday I could see a lot of his movement off the ball trying to create space for others. De Bruyne was a revelation, OK, none of his out of this world passes, but his commitment to the cause and overall influence on the game was immense. In the space of a couple of minutes he was defending deep by our left hand corner flag and attacking high up in the opposite corner of the pitch. My man of the match for City.

A couple of other points from high up - it seemed to me that Ederson could make more use of his long range passing ability - many times both Sterling and Mahrez had options to run from the halfway line beyond their full backs if only the right ball was played.

Finally the referee Darren England - to me better than most of the more established referees we get. Could have shown a card or two fairly early on for some fairly blatant "professional fouls" and at least a "public warning" to the goalkeeper for his time-wasting antics might have helped make the game a bit more open.

Overall an enjoyable evening - back to TV and Facetime for a while now.

Yes, we had a very rare expedition down South for an Ethihad family gathering courtesy of my daughter giving us tickets for Christmas. We were high up in the top tier above the Brentford dugout and so had a bird's eye view of proceedings. I saw a couple of players in a quite different light. Foden, who on TV we seem to get a collection of cameos with little in between whereas on Wednesday I could see a lot of his movement off the ball trying to create space for others. De Bruyne was a revelation, OK, none of his out of this world passes, but his commitment to the cause and overall influence on the game was immense. In the space of a couple of minutes he was defending deep by our left hand corner flag and attacking high up in the opposite corner of the pitch. My man of the match for City.

A couple of other points from high up - it seemed to me that Ederson could make more use of his long range passing ability - many times both Sterling and Mahrez had options to run from the halfway line beyond their full backs if only the right ball was played.

Finally the referee Darren England - to me better than most of the more established referees we get. Could have shown a card or two fairly early on for some fairly blatant "professional fouls" and at least a "public warning" to the goalkeeper for his time-wasting antics might have helped make the game a bit more open.

Overall an enjoyable evening - back to TV and Facetime for a while now.

Good post.
When we first moved to the Etihad my season ticket was high up in E3.
The contrast could not have been more. I could often see the dire coaching at that time. I would be driving people mad with my constant badgering. It was easy to see the holes in the defence or the lack of balance in the team. It is like a different game watching from the gods.
Get back to the ground soon blue.

I think Marvin has a point. It’s all depends on City, play well got a great chance of winning really well take them lightly we’ll get beaten, possibly, remember what happened the last time we played at Carrow Road.
True if we take them lightly we may get beat but that's only a may not a given.

Anyhow if someone is negative all the time and someone is overly positive all the time one thing is certain both will be right sometimes that's doesn't mean they ain't overly negative or positive though.

And this comes from someone whose scar tissue from the past hasn't fully left them yet. I edge to the critical side.

Playing in second gear is OK if you know how to engage first gear (or is it third gear? - the analogy is a bit dated with cars having five or six).
Think the metaphor of City being a hybrid works for me. We cruise on current and hit the gas when we need to.

True if we take them lightly we may get beat but that's only a may not a given.

Anyhow if someone is negative all the time and someone is overly positive all the time one thing is certain both will be right sometimes that's doesn't mean they ain't overly negative or positive though.

And this comes from someone whose scar tissue from the past hasn't fully left them yet. I edge to the critical side.
A broken clock is right twice a day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.