Brentford PL (A) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Ake very accomplished tonight both defending and being in the right position, available and able to link up play.
Foden's goal and all round ability to keep the ball and make things out of tight spaces simply incredible.
A tough battle between them both.

Cancelo made a couple of slight boobs, but also kept us moving and threatening.
I think Cancelo is class but is inclined to lose possession through lack of urgency and over confidence in these types of games.
He can put us under pressure in one brainfart and it can be very costly in tight games.

Kev, Ake and Foden the only contenders. Ake eclipsed both Dias and Laporte. Pleased for him.

Jesus, Grealish and especially Cancelo were all awful. Cancelo did my head in with his sloppy passes and ducking out of headers. Grealish’s heat map will be about 5 yards long. Receive ball on left flank, cut inside heading diagonally backwards and play 2 yard pass to Kev, and rinse and repeat 30 times.

Tough night though. We have such trouble with back 5’s that prevent us getting in behind teams out wide. Vital win

over Cancelo, over KDB, over Silva ... a game where I only truly relaxed when the ball was at Ake's feet, sheesh, ha

Foden… always wanting it, unlucky not to have a couple.
Ake also played well. Bernardo, Jesus, Dias & Cancelo well below par

Ake,Foden,Ferna....all the rest, somewhere in mediocrity... disappointed from Grealish once again.... good night lads.

I really like the flexibility of our players.

Other fans complain about our team, but it's not really THAT big, it's just that our players can comfortably play in multiple positions for this exact reason, when multiple are out.

Ake showed that, and yes the system suited him a bit to play LB but he is a great squad player to have.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.