Brentford PL (H) | Man of the Match

Man of the Match

• Total voters
Eddie. It’d been 3-0 within 16 mins without him in this game. Kept us in with a shout, at least!

That said, he still seems better with his feet than his hands, which is weird to say about a Golden Gloves Brazilian National team keeper with a cabinet full of British domestic medals!
Although the saves are what caught the eye I thought his most impressive contribution was him taking crosses under pressure and trying to get us out quickly on the forefront only to see us stop, turn round and recycle possession. I'll reiterate to the odd poster who, due to obviously not seeing what a goalkeeper does in certain situations, blames him for being off his line for the first.
Eddie starts on the frontfoot when a free kick is launched deep. If the original punt is towards him he will make an effort to collect. The first goal was two CBs getting bullied on original headers and a lucky deflection that looped over him. It was a fluke, nothing more nothing less.
Other than that he was fabulous.

It’s not often Ederson gets a second thought for MOTM, given we are usually arguing which one of the 3 or 4 outstanding outfield players should get it.

That should tell people everything they need to know about how the game went, how the team played, and whether we really did deserve anything out of it.

Reactions: SJT
Stones was smashed in the 1st and Pep didnt make change 9 our players didn't play for us they played for the world cup. I love Bernado but he showed today he doesn't love us he wants the world cup fair enough but that cost us points fair enough you want the world cup but don't shit on us FUCK him.
Can’t believe your comments. You say that you “love“ Bernardo, but he is only interested in the World cup so “fuck him”. Have you watched any of our other games this season? If you have, you obviously have not seen the effort he puts in. In my opinion, he is one of our most important players. The whole team performance yesterday was very poor, but it’s not season ending! You need to have a lie down and look at the bigger picture.

I’m glad football is over for a while, sorry, I mean the World Cup is on.
Whatever about the players, I ll be glad of the break.

No interest in the WC other than hoping our players come home in one piece.

Great effort by Eddy - and it was only 4 days earlier he was being written off in favour of Ortega. We could have been humiliated on another day without his saves.

Shit game, hopefully the only 1 - Thought we had a really strong side out but it became apparent from the kick off we were in for a fight. We thought maybe some players may have taken it too lightly thinking it's only Brentford and some may have had their minds on the World Cup -

Bernardo didn't have a touch for the first 25 mins. It was crying out for Pep to make a change. I love Haaland but have we become slightly 1 dimensional at times for a KDB cross into the box hoping the big man will finish it. Proper pissed me off all weekend that.

We've had this coming since the 2nd half vs the RAGs - that long ball was what the scousers played, Brighton tried the same - this time they had Toney who was bullying our defenders.

We need Walker back and Pep needs to have a think about securing some good full backs - hopefully Cancelo will come back with his head on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.