Brett Favre

Banned Tosspot said:
A legend. At least he doesn't have the death of hundreds maybe thousands of dog's deaths on his hands.

Maybe thousands? Lol c'mon mate, it wasn't that many! Not saying that makes it right, but a bit of an exaggeration!

Favre has ruined his reputation. End of.

Right.

Where to begin?

Firstly, American Football is gay.

I mean really gay.

Really, really gay.

No really. It's gay.

It's like Rugby for Puffs.

Rugby for really big mincing puffs.

Rugby for men who like dressing up in colourful costumes and mincing around until lots of other men, in similar attire, leap on them and force them to the ground, where they are leaped upon by other, obviously gay men.

I mean, there's not even a ball involved. Well, that's not strictly correct. Sometimes a guy called the Quarterback throws the ball forward, very much like John Inman. Then someone called a WIDE RECEIVER (the answer's always in the question) may or may not catch the ball. Imagine, if you would, the only creatures in the world who can't catch. That's right...Girls!

One of the phrases in American Football (or NFL as it's called) is "Scrimmage". This is a nonsense word. It is a word dreamt up by Edward Lear, famous of course, for his "Nonsense Poems". Scrimmage. Scrimmage. Say it out loud. Scrimmage. It's ludicrous. There's a perfectly useable word in the english lexicon which could easily be substituted.
It's " Scrummage". A perfectly useable word from the english language which derived from the word "Scrimmage". The British Isles had the common sense to substitute the word because of it's ridiculous nature. Not so, the Americans.

Indeed, the gentleman who oversaw the transition from the rules of Rugby was Walter CAMP. I'm not making this up. He is directly responsible for overseeing the transition from rugby.

I could go on but I won't.

From a City point of view, I will make one suggestion. If we look to the NFL for a team to follow, then look no further than the Cleveland Browns. Massive support through trying times (they became the Baltimore Ravens(?) at some point and the fans never forgot) and they have a hated neighbour who wins everything in the Pittsburgh Steelers (cunts).

When Channel 4 started covering the NFL in years gone by, I always followed the Browns, following their pelting of the Steelers player after a touchdown in front of The Dog Pound (their Kippax). They rained hotdogs, coke cans and lots more on their equivalent of Rooney, when it was minus God knows What in the stand and they were all there supping beer and wearing enormously stupid (but brilliant) dog costumes, with their breath showing in the sub-zero temperature. I've never attended a game yet but I will before I die. Great fans in the face of cruelly overwhelming odds.

Sound familiar anyone?

Banned Tosspot said:
A legend. At least he doesn't have the death of hundreds maybe thousands of dog's deaths on his hands.

Falcon fan here, and still a Vick supporter, the mans done his time and learnt from his mistakes, 2 years for bankrolling a dog fighting chain when there are manybe hundreds still going on in the world. People who have killed other human beings and rapists have gotten lighter sentences. THE MAN WAS MADE AN EXAMPLE OF BECAUSE OF WHO HE IS

My opinion is the same as everyone elses on here, attention seeking yank! If he wants to retire then he should remain retired and then to do it again this year is a joke and the NFL should clamp down on this as the rules in the sport are too leniant. Rant over does anyone know if skysports will be showing any NFL this year as there has been no advertising of it so far

I was going to say millions.
alanjames24 said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Maybe thousands? Lol c'mon mate, it wasn't that many! Not saying that makes it right, but a bit of an exaggeration!

Favre has ruined his reputation. End of.

Im a vikings fan.
At first i didnt want him, 1. cos iv always hated him (being a packer) 2. thought he was past it last year.
But starting to come around to it now, we have best RB in the league with Petterson, it should open our attack up and give more room for petterson and Favre will be with a much better all round team than he was at the Jets last year.
Vikes for the Bowl!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.