Brewdog beer

Lees Bitter is one of my favourite beers, and their pubs are always well maintained, never scruffy
Are you in Middleton, and if so maybe it doesn't travel well? Lees is absolute piss of the worst sort in my experience, apart from one of their bottled offerings which is strangely excellent.

Are you in Middleton, and if so maybe it doesn't travel well? Lees is absolute piss of the worst sort in my experience, apart from one of their bottled offerings which is strangely excellent.
What is it? Terrible beer JWL I have not bought a pint in one of their pubs since the Arndale centre pub. What was it called anyone remember? I cannot.

What is it? Terrible beer JWL I have not bought a pint in one of their pubs since the Arndale centre pub. What was it called anyone remember? I cannot.
JWL Manchester Star Ale - about 7.3% and you only see it in bottles I think. It's great, but I wouldn't use their draught offerings to clean piss off the road.

I love the Elvis Juice they do. I accidentally bought one called Mr President. I wondered why I was walking funny. It was 9.5%.

Not brewdog, but theres one called Vocation from a brewer in Hebden Bridge. £3 in Tesco. It is out of this world.

I like a pale ale,don't touch lager or bitter Old Speckled Hen at the moment.
Wainwrights and Guinness is all I need but Old Speckled Hen is nice. I’ll drink lager as well but prefer it in little bottles.

I don’t get why people want high ABV beers, just drink wine or spirits or paint stripper, but then I’m down to a healthy 10-20 units of alcohol a week, often zero.

I don’t think I’ve ever had any Brewdog beers but an advent calendar promoting a drink a day is a dreadful idea to me.

The people who created Bulldog acted like anarchists who wanted to change the system. Once they realised they could make millions they fucked their principles off

Fuck em.

They became the very thing they wanted to compete with.

Whatever they are now however, they still deserve credit for changes to the beer game. Their first decade, the beers were good, and at a time when pubs only had a few choices and all mainstream similar watery bulk, it was something new and refreshing. Sure, now with so much choice it compares less, but they did effectively start the whole 'craft beer' trend, years before it became big. And have now become the opposite of it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.