Brian Clough interview.

Always thought he came across as a bit of a bully in that interview, although overall I did like the mad ****.

That was how he was. A total despot and arrogant. It was his way or the highway. Some of the stories on the way he treated players defy belief. He'd be cancelled and sacked these days and probably sued as well.

That was how he was. A total despot and arrogant. It was his way or the highway. Some of the stories on the way he treated players defy belief. He'd be cancelled and sacked these days and probably sued as well.
Yep.

If we was alive now he'd be a reform MP.

I vaguely remember him as a youngster but I’ve learned more about him since. He was a flawed genius for me.

All geniuses are usually a bit crazy and eccentric. What he did at Derby and Forest was pretty remarkable. I was a kid watching football in those times and he was a huge character. He should have been the England manager but the stuffy suits of the fa would never entertain that.

Looking back now, although it was some achievement what he achieved with small town clubs like Forest and Derby, I don't think the gap between clubs was as big as it is now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.