Brian Clough interview.

It wasn’t and he broke the british transfer record with Forest. Find him really interesting and some of the old stories about him are hilarious. He was also a right twat at times and would have needed to change dramatically now to last 5 minutes in the game.
Forest broke the transfer record to buy Francis on the back of the success that Clough (and Taylor) brought them.

Nottingham Forest were a mediocre Division Two side, when they took over, with very little or no money.

The man was as mad as a hatter but I kind of miss him.

He really was brilliant manager m8, and at interviews
Seen the Damned Utd?
Sheen is really good as him
Going back to BC If we got him at the time
I couldn't have seen him and Swales getting on in the end
Rather like Sam Longstaffe the Derby Chairman

He really was brilliant manager m8, and at interviews
Seen the Damned Utd?
Sheen is really good as him
Going back to BC If we got him at the time
I couldn't have seen him and Swales getting on in the end
Rather like Sam Longstaffe the Derby Chairman

Himself and Swales would have been an interesting mix. Two huge ego's. It could have gone either way. They could have admired one another and been great or clashed and been a total disaster. Sadly we never got to find out.

Taylor's role as Clough's assistant has been consistently under appreciated.

Haven't clicked on the interview; is that the one where he recalled saying to a player who questioned him during training; "okay, we'll go away and discuss it. Then we'll agree that I was right". He'd have made a great mod on here!
There is another story where Martin O'Neil didn't want to wear the number 7 shirt and wanted a different number,
Clough told him,
There were only 2 numbers available
Namely 7 and 12
Which one did he really want?
Oneill said he never questioned him again,
Brilliant!

Forest broke the transfer record to buy Francis on the back of the success that Clough (and Taylor) brought them.

Nottingham Forest were a mediocre Division Two side, when they took over, with very little or no money.

Im not disputing how well he did just that it was a different time and could never happen now. Whether it was Clough, Guardiola or Ferguson

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.