Brian Clough interview.

Mad fucker

But struggled without Peter Taylor.
Taylor's role as Clough's assistant has been consistently under appreciated.

Haven't clicked on the interview; is that the one where he recalled saying to a player who questioned him during training; "okay, we'll go away and discuss it. Then we'll agree that I was right". He'd have made a great mod on here!

All geniuses are usually a bit crazy and eccentric. What he did at Derby and Forest was pretty remarkable. I was a kid watching football in those times and he was a huge character. He should have been the England manager but the stuffy suits of the fa would never entertain that.

Looking back now, although it was some achievement what he achieved with small town clubs like Forest and Derby, I don't think the gap between clubs was as big as it is now.
It wasn’t and he broke the british transfer record with Forest. Find him really interesting and some of the old stories about him are hilarious. He was also a right twat at times and would have needed to change dramatically now to last 5 minutes in the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.