Brian Cox

Is Australia the other side of the ball, and would you come out feet first.

Are you trying to ask if we jumped in the sea in the uk and had the ability to go right through the earth's many layers and come out at Australia would we come out feet first when we arrive ?

If I understand you correctly you're talking about the theoretical possibility that we could tunnel directly through the centre of the Earth which if you could, you can't because of the huge pressures at the centre and the small detail of it being molten iron, then you would indeed come out feet first. Therefore I recommend diving in head first and landing on your feet at the other end.

https://www.livescience.com/50312-how-long-to-fall-through-earth.html

You wouldn’t “come out” per se but yes, you wouldn’t turn around. You’d endlessly keep bouncing up and down like a pendulum (assuming it was a vacuum and you didn’t burn up in the very hot centre).

I’m not sure if the relevance of the question though.

You’ve still not answered my questions have you though I notice you’re no longer asking about helium, gravity or why you can see things over the curvature.

What has gravity got to do with travelling to the other side of the ball, at no point will you be anything other than flat level.

You described a ball. Balls are (generally) round.
If you jump, gravity is what makes you come down. How else would you get to the other side of the ball by jumping apart from through it?

What has gravity got to do with travelling to the other side of the ball, at no point will you be anything other than flat level.
What??!!!?! What has being flat level got to do with anything?

Gravity has everything to do with travelling to the other side of earth.

Watch the 3 minute video above.

And answer my questions. And read the link with ten proofs you can do for yourself.

You don't have to worry about me pal, I am a normal person that gets by just fine Why all the assumptions , it's simply I don't believe the earth is a spinning ball you might but I don't You believe everything that your government tells you, weapons of mass destruction, Hillsborough, and so on just a thought.

can you explain day and night if we dont spin
can you explain summer and winter if we dont go back and forth towards the sun

is the moon just a disc likewise the sun?

If I understand you correctly you're talking about the theoretical possibility that we could tunnel directly through the centre of the Earth which if you could, you can't because of the huge pressures at the centre and the small detail of it being molten iron, then you would indeed come out feet first. Therefore I recommend diving in head first and landing on your feet at the other end.

https://www.livescience.com/50312-how-long-to-fall-through-earth.html
I’ve always wondered how they know this? Something to do with magnetic forces, I guess.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.