Brian Cox

Hottest place earth are all at low altitude, I'll leave it at that .
And very close to the hot ground.

And interesting that temperature in the thermosphere (90km to 500km up) where it's VERY low pressure, temperatures range from 600C to 2000C!

Can I ask, I take it Earth has always weighed the same. So us humans reproducing more than ever and buildings and everything else around us now, as something can not come from nothing, is irrelevant in that respect.

Save the odd meteorite.
Give or take.

Minus a bit of mass-defect from the various nuclear explosions, a bit of hydrogen from old Zeppelins and of course various rockets, pretty much all the mass that was on (and in) Earth 1m years ago is still there.

Einstein won't like that statement :-D
Given that at the beginning of time, all that existed was energy, I rather suspect he's mistaken.

Either that or the universe and all the matter in it, doesn't actually exist. Which bizarrely might actually be true, but that's a LONG story.

And very close to the hot ground.

And interesting that temperature in the thermosphere (90km to 500km up) where it's VERY low pressure, temperatures range from 600C to 2000C!
Yes but you’d actually very very feel cold if you were in it (like the ISS is) as it’s virtually a vacuum. What few molecules that are in are very energetic however.

Yes but you’d actually very very feel cold if you were in it (like the ISS is) as it’s virtually a vacuum. What few molecules that are in are very energetic however.
Would you feel cold? I'm not sure - maybe you would. Of course I agree about the density though. It's just an interesting observation in support of my earlier comments that low pressure does not mean low temperature per se.

Given that at the beginning of time, all that existed was energy, I rather suspect he's mistaken.
We aren’t sure about that either. The singularity is where physics breaks down. But it was quite warm anyway (very soon after it started expanding*)

*NB: understatement.

How does a vacuum flask know whether to keep things hot or cold? Always baffled me...
Good point. I had to piss in mine coming back from London once and guess what, I got home and it was still steaming. What was it trying to prove?

I don’t think flasks are as clever as you think.

Either that or the universe and all the matter in it, doesn't actually exist. Which bizarrely might actually be true, but that's a LONG story.

I don't think the Big Bang is terribly relevant to the context of the question.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.