Brian Cox

Look if I had the finances to fund the travel then I would. I know that there is a treaty in place in regards to the antarctic. There are plenty of people who want to travel and simply explore our so called boundaries. I'm not trying to convince you or anyone you live on a flat earth, merely trying to explain that I no longer accept I live on a spinning ball. I have watched and read countless page's of information that convince me more and more. Its not just me there is a large and growing swathe of support,, its probably the largest resurched topic today. I have been on plenty of flights and not once have I seen curvature, I have been at see and don't see curvature. The stars are constant and fixed and are always in the same place, meteor showers are predicted same time same point of reference, but we are travelling at break neck speed rotating and spinning through space. Gravity (theory) is the get out of jail card it's responsible for holding the world's oceans to the surface but can't hold a butterfly down, or hot air balloons, helium balloons,it's the magic that stops us from being upside down. Hope you understand my point because I have no intention of wanting you to explain yourself to me, I am more than comfortable with my understanding of my surroundings but not comfortable with the language being used because I don't conform to your views.

the stars are not constant and fixed, we are all moving together around the galaxy at the roughly the same speed so it gives the appearance of being fixed.

your butterfly analogy is completely flawed i'm afraid, why do you think it sits prettily on a leaf, because gravity allows it to do so, it doesn't just float off into space

https://howthingsfly.si.edu/gravity-air/buoyancy

allow me to ask a couple of questions i know you won't answer but anyway

just say we are flat - how far do we extend as a flat earth? i assume we have a beginning and a end

for simplicity i will assume we have 4 sides to this flat earth(we may have more who knows) what are the 4 nearest towns/cities to each edge/side, all this in depth research you cite must know this

as we are flat, we will have a top and a bottom yes? what is the depth, and with a depth we have a shape

It's all relative mate but both ourselves and the stars move. The Sun moves but the only way for us to perceive that movement is by measuring it's relative distance to other stars over time. Stick around 4.5 billion years and you'll get to see the entire Milky Way collide with Andromeda, the next galaxy. Although you'll have to watch it from a different solar system as the Sun will have destroyed Earth by then.

Yes obviously we move, but replying to hodges 'the stars are fixed and constant, from our viewpoint of not being on a spinning ball and the stars being constant' then watching from earth the apparent movement of the stars easily disprove his theory.

It's all relative mate but both ourselves and the stars move. The Sun moves but the only way for us to perceive that movement is by measuring it's relative distance to other stars over time. Stick around 4.5 billion years and you'll get to see the entire Milky Way collide with Andromeda, the next galaxy. Although you'll have to watch it from a different solar system as the Sun will have destroyed Earth by then.

I will try to stick round for that mate.
Andromeda is easy to find with a telescope.

Yes obviously we move, but replying to hodges 'the stars are fixed and constant, from our viewpoint of not being on a spinning ball and the stars being constant' then watching from earth the apparent movement of the stars easily disprove his theory.
Ok gotcha mate

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.