Brian Cox

It could be worse. They're mad already, but down there they'll have evolved upside and in darkness, as the (small) sun only circles around the ice cream perimeter topside
Ahhh but you see, it's a "penny earth", so like a coin toss that's going on forever, they get day when we get our night. And the act of it spinning is what gives us our gravity!

And i'm just making this up as I go along. Ooh! Sunsets are caused by the edge being made from copper and it reflecting the light of the sun!

It's like someone saying "I don't think Sergio scored the winning goal again Qpr, despite all the video evidence from different angles, all the photos taken by different people and the thousands of eye witnesses I think it was Joe Hart"
Weirdly, it's worse than that. There were only 48,000 witnesses for that (we all know images can be manipulated) and therefore over 6 billion people alive will never know for sure and just have to trust we lucky few that were there. Flat earthers can actually fucking see for themselves/

Hell, if they are right then they are up for several Nobel Prize's (and the million dollars they'd get for each) but no, why do that, why enjoy the limelight and notoriety when they can get by posting a video on YouTube.

This is what I mean about common sense and logic. The "ruse" of the sphere Earth has to go back over 2,500 years and then added to it every single student of the natural sciences. It's had to survive the Renaissance, it's managed to infiltrate every single government and leadership the world has known (even with tyrants at war with the rest of the world), it's hooked in every single sailor and airline pilot and newspaper editor and journalist and scientist.

It's managed to engender a situation where every new area of science makes things up to suit the sphere Earth myth such as nuclear physics and astrophysics. Every student must have, one day, been pulled aside to a darkened room and been told of the hoax and how, if they break rank, their family will be abducted and killed and somehow it's managed to survive a few hundred years of death bed confessions. And all to what end?
You know too much, SWP...

0e748f1193ec41d8212f803c91ca5898a349bb0f.gif

I don't get the end game. I feel like double-downing is the only option they have left.

Weirdly, it's worse than that. There were only 48,000 witnesses for that (we all know images can be manipulated) and therefore over 6 billion people alive will never know for sure and just have to trust we lucky few that were there. Flat earthers can actually fucking see for themselves/

Hell, if they are right then they are up for several Nobel Prize's (and the million dollars they'd get for each) but no, why do that, why enjoy the limelight and notoriety when they can get by posting a video on YouTube.
Have you seen this yet? My ribs were aching after reading it.
https://wiki.tfes.org/Frequently_Asked_Questions

We might have been watching holograms.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.