Brianna Ghey murder guilty verdicts

It's an objectively extreme view. You're entitled to hold extreme views no matter how objectively misguided and objectively wrong they are.
In all honestly I don't think it's objectively extreme for someone who has no regard for human life, to have the expectation that theirs should in any way be respected.

In all honestly I don't think it's objectively extreme for someone who has no regard for human life, to have the expectation that theirs should in any way be respected.
Seems social media wants us to return to Old Testament punishment, although no one has actually suggested stoning just yet.

Missing the context. It was specifically about death penalty for minors. The UN Convention on the rights of the child, which forbids such policies,is almost universally adopted the world over apart from seven countries.

It's not even arguable it isn't extreme.

Last edited:
Missing the context. It was specifically about death penalty for minors. The UN Convention on the rights of the child, which forbids such policies. It's almost universally adopted the world over apart from seven countries.

It's not even arguable it isn't extreme.
My apologies for missing that, capital punishment for killers under 18 wasn't applied in the UK at all in the last century. No matter how evil they are prison is the only punishment for minors.

I wouldn't say social media wants to return to the Old Testament punishment at all, unless it's the bit about thou shall not kill and if you do expect a just punishment from the law.
Which life imprisonment is.

Has any country brought capital punishment back?

Sentences have never been harsher, yet look under every social media report and everyone just wants more.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.