Brianna Ghey murder guilty verdicts

At a cost of £300,000 per year apparently. £6m to potentially rehabilitate someone seems like an extreme waste of money to me.
No criminal sentence is handed down arbitrarily. In the instance of minors, there will always be mitigating circumstances determined by criminal psychologists that will lessen sentences. It's much easier to determine inherent, irredeemable evil in an adult than it is in an adolescent or child. I believe sentences should be much tougher, but many think whole tariffs should be mandatory when in reality a judge is hamstrung by the law in cases like this.

These two will be out in twenty years, that's the shit truth, so ask yourself this: would you rather nothing were done to correct them while they are inside. Or, would you rather spend taxes rehabilitating them and thereby greatly diminishing the chance of them striking again when they rejoin society?

No criminal sentence is handed down arbitrarily. In the instance of minors, there will always be mitigating circumstances determined by criminal psychologists that will lessen sentences. It's much easier to determine inherent, irredeemable evil in an adult than it is in an adolescent or child. I believe sentences should be much tougher, but many think whole tariffs should be mandatory when in reality a judge is hamstrung by the law in cases like this.

These two will be out in twenty years, that's the shit truth, so ask yourself this: would you rather nothing were done to correct them while they are inside. Or, would you rather spend taxes rehabilitating them and thereby greatly diminishing the chance of them striking again when they rejoin society?
I’d rather the law was changed.

Just remember quite a few of these "outraged" front pages are anti-trans and are doing this to sell papers with no real feelings. Next week they will be quoting Linehan/Rowling/Liddle and their anti-trans shite. Just don't buy a newspaper folks - of any flavour - they are just rags trying to bend your mind

At a cost of £300,000 per year apparently. £6m to potentially rehabilitate someone seems like an extreme waste of money to me.

That's the cost of a place in a secure children's home/young offenders centre.

They won't be there after they are 21.

And the costs will be a lot less. Much of the costs in secure children's homes are due to staffing. Ratios will be 1:1, 2:1 or even 3:1. That doesn't apply to adult prisons.

These two will be out in twenty years

No they won't - the tariffs were a minimum the Judge made that very clear and there are requirements attached that must be achieved for them to even appear before a parole board after that time has passed.

I am happy for them to rot in jail - I want every day for the rest of their lives inside have them looking over their shoulder waiting for the attacks which will be inevitable inside. They will have a price and a value as a trophy on their heads and they cannot evade it forever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.