Bridge

foley87 said:
do any of you morons actually watch the match or do you just come on here to try and act the big man

game after game bridge is against 2 as robinho doesnt track back all the time leaving it 2 against 1

we could have any left back in the world starting there for us but there always gonna be made to look shit

Must admit that the formation we play doesn't do him any favours, i've already stated in another thread the formation which would suite our players.
When he was at Chelsea (when he played) he always had a natural winger in front of him which makes all the differance for a full back as a winger always holds his position rather than cutting or drifting inside which invites pressure from the opposing full back which in turn has you having two players to defend against?
He's a better player than we're seeing now that's for sure but with a few additions and formation tweeking it'll suite his game.

Danamy said:
foley87 said:
do any of you morons actually watch the match or do you just come on here to try and act the big man

game after game bridge is against 2 as robinho doesnt track back all the time leaving it 2 against 1

we could have any left back in the world starting there for us but there always gonna be made to look shit

Must admit that the formation we play doesn't do him any favours, i've already stated in another thread the formation which would suite our players.
When he was at Chelsea (when he played) he always had a natural winger in front of him which makes all the differance for a full back as a winger always holds his position rather than cutting or drifting inside which invites pressure from the opposing full back which in turn has you having two players to defend against?
He's a better player than we're seeing now that's for sure but with a few additions and formation tweeking it'll suite his game.
#

Absolute bollocks chelsea play the same 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation we do and bridge cannot handle being the left back in this formation why do you think mourinho so desperatly wanted to bring in ashley cole despite already having a regualr england squad left back in his squad?

Wayne Bridge is f*****g shite. he cant mark a f*****g bingo card!! no better than ball and worse than garrido,we should have got warnock from blackburn instead.

It's the way he just fucking backs off and shuffles along. He never gets fucking tight to the guy wanting to whip a cross in. Time and time again he'll just back off, shuffle along and make a half-hearted attempt to block the cross, failing 9 out of 10 to do so. Or if the winger feels like surging towards him he gets fucking skinned most of the time too. Then he bombs forward, gets in decent enough positions to get a cross in and miskicks it to the first defender or blasts it way too long over everyone's heads. I understand he hasn't been playing much over the past few seasons, but to be this bad after getting regular games since January? I'd rather have Garrido or (god forbid) Ball for the remaining fixtures.

Danamy said:
foley87 said:

Fair point Danamy about him having less help than he might get in some sides. The trouble is when he's one on one with an opposition player he never puts a tackle in (by his own admission this is not his style), that might be acceptable if he then prevents the pass/cross coming in, the fact is he rarely does that either.

At the other end of the pitch his own passes/crosses are generally poor.

From the odd game I'd seen of him previously I had high hopes when we signed him, very disappointed with what I've seen so far.

uwerosler28 said:
Danamy said:
foley87 said:

#

Absolute bollocks chelsea play the same 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation we do and bridge cannot handle being the left back in this formation why do you think mourinho so desperatly wanted to bring in ashley cole despite already having a regualr england squad left back in his squad?

Probably because Mourinho is twice the manager Hughes is and would know the best players to play that formation?
If Cole was at City he would have the exact same problem that Bridge is having and if you think any differant your talking bollocks!!

Good player who has been nowhere near as bad as what has been suggested in this thread.

Obviously the Bluemoon Lynch Mob are out in force searching for their latest victim.

I thought he was our best player today. Funny how people see things differently.

Defensively he did nothing wrong despite being exposed to two attackers regularly and he was getting forward as much as he could. He worked hard and was often the only player who bothered to find space to take a pass. The lack of movement from the front players was poor today.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.