Brief History of the Universe

Well a single atom didn't explode and create this Universe so I imagine the chances of that are extremely low. And in terms of the "Earth is special" argument it's a complete truism. Mammalian based life can only occur on the conditions that our planet has, so then suggesting that the conditions that our planet has is made for us is backwards.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, i just presumed if you rewind time everything in the universe would have to come together in to one single point. As everything in the universe appears to be accelerating away from each other.

The same odds as the Universe being created by a Unicorn, Minotaur or Long John Silver. A creator figure is a hark back to myth and legend which is why it infests the minds of some. Our entire civilization is based on a pyramid power structure and it's how we have grown as cultures, the idea that there is nobody at the top of the pyramid in the Universe is frightening to some and incomprehensible to others and if you really sit and read many posts then this seems to be the issue. People cannot accept the strange duality of the being the top of the pyramid yet still universally inconsequential due to scale.

I'm not afraid of nothingness nor do i need to believe that we have a purpose in life other than experiencing it. I wont argue with the hard evidence science provides to back up the big bang but as i stated we can create life here on earth in a laboratory and we can also replicate what it was like moments after the big bang - Large hadron collider can replicate the moment after the big bang.

This for me is proof either way that it is possible the universe could have been created however i also agree that there does not need to be a creator for the universe to exist.

It just don't sit well with me when people who agree with science and big bang ignore the odds of everything happening the way it did, but then will say the chances of some one creating it is the same as if a unicorn created it lol.

Last edited:
An experiment is not over till its over. Too short for an outcome, surely?

Usually in conversations I don't have to wait more than a few seconds for a reply. Otherwise it isn't an answer to a question and instead is just a comment

This for me is proof either way that it is possible the universe could have been created however i also agree that there does not need to be a creator for the universe to exist.

This is circular.

The Universe can be created because the Universe was created and some people did some science that looks a bit like the Universe. But in order for that science to exist or be done then existence needed to happen which only occurred at the moment of creation.

So, long ago there was some stuff but we don't know how it came to exist or why.

Then it exploded and we don't know why.

We don't know where the space it expanded into came from either.

Then we use observable but barely understood effects like gravity to attempt to explain what has happened since.

And even then we need to speculate about the existence of matter which makes up 95% of the universe but which we cannot see or detect.

Essentially we haven't got a clue what's going on.

This is circular.

The Universe can be created because the Universe was created and some people did some science that looks a bit like the Universe. But in order for that science to exist or be done then existence needed to happen which only occurred at the moment of creation.

From that conclusion it seems i'm a little on the fence when it comes to creator or big bang, But Damocles it would be interesting to know your thoughts on ET and if you believe they have had any input on mankind ? Maybe a subject for another day ?

I feel so thick reading these type of threads ...

Damo. If I was 12 years old and asked ''how did the Big Bang/Expansion happen ? And what was there before this event ? ''

How would you answer that ?

Taking the view I'm a 12 year old and you like me. So a basic long detailed answer please.

I feel so thick reading these type of threads ...

Damo. If I was 12 years old and asked ''how did the Big Bang/Expansion happen ? And what was there before this event ? ''

How would you answer that ?

Taking the view I'm a 12 year old and you like me. So a basic long detailed answer please.
Watch the video that started this thread, us clever people got it right away.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.