Brighton 1 City 4 (2018/19)

We have two tv screens in my local Spanish bar and one showed the dippers and city game on the other but because of were they are placed you can’t watch both. One of the dipper fan came scurrying to our screen apparently there was and still is a 30 sec delay on our screen and the Brighton score popped up on theirs. Needless to say the rest is history.

My one key memory of this game was the scenes at Anfield when we went 1-0 down, only for them to find out 30 seconds later that we'd equalised!
Ha ha ha… the smugness wiped straight off their faces… and that absolute bellwhiff in the Brighton shirt!

If anyone could post the interrupted Sky News piece from outside the Etihad it would be greatly appreciated.

I was the luckiest bloke around that day.

I thought I was getting two tickets and promised the other one to a mate. But ended up only getting one, so gave it the lad anyway.

I was sniffing around for a spare with no luck. So had given up and was settling down to watch it in a pub when for no real reason I just asked this random guy who was about to head off to the game if he had a spare. He pulls out a wad of print at home tickets and said… Yeah you can have one of these for face value if you like.

Didn’t exactly hide I was a City fan but didn’t take the piss either and the Brighton fans were fine.

A steward was obviously keeping an eye on the situation and headed straight for me at the final whistle and said if I walked round to the City end, the gates were open to go in and watch the presentation from there.

Turned out to be a great day.

Never really thought about this before. But now I do, it’s the only time since back at Newcastle, before my time, that we’ve won the league at an away game.

Same. I went bananas went that one went in.

Amazing day. Bathing in scouse tears.
When the third went in I ran up and down that wierd concourse kinda thing that separates the upper and lower tiers. High fiving the Blues above. On the 2nd circuit I saw a blue I'd not seen for years, who shouted "FFS it's too early mate". After Silky scored the 4th he found me and said "OK its time" and we had one of those joyous moments that true friends have after a long absence.

That and two other things stick in my mind.

First, arriving in Brighton the day before the game, left the hotel as a Kylie tour guide was leading a bunch of people singing Kylie songs through the streets. I kid you not, really bizarre. We thought fuck it we're having some of this and joined in, then Blues appearing from all sides joining the snake through Brighton. Never laughed so much in my life, dozens of Blues singing Kylie, dancing through the streets, set the tone for the weekend.

Second, the party outside the away end after the game. The look of terror on Jim Whites face as he realised he had to share the train journey back with us to the City centre.

Amazing weekend.

When the third went in I ran up and down that wierd concourse kinda thing that separates the upper and lower tiers. High fiving the Blues above. On the 2nd circuit I saw a blue I'd not seen for years, who shouted "FFS it's too early mate". After Silky scored the 4th he found me and said "OK its time" and we had one of those joyous moments that true friends have after a long absence.

That and two other things stick in my mind.

First, arriving in Brighton the day before the game, left the hotel as a Kylie tour guide was leading a bunch of people singing Kylie songs through the streets. I kid you not, really bizarre. We thought fuck it we're having some of this and joined in, then Blues appearing from all sides joining the snake through Brighton. Never laughed so much in my life, dozens of Blues singing Kylie, dancing through the streets, set the tone for the weekend.

Second, the party outside the away end after the game. The look of terror on Jim Whites face as he realised he had to share the train journey back with us to the City centre.

Amazing weekend.
The weather, the town and its boozers, the vibe, the game - the whole thing was magical.

Hot sunny day on the south coast. Parked at Lewes and got the train as you can't park anywhere near the ground.
Great scenes and most knew we'd done it after Mahrez put us three-one up, and pure mayhem when Gundo added our fourth.
Stayed in the ground for ages then drove back. Everton fans coming back from Spurs joined our celebrations at the services and there were stories that many of them had watched our second half in the bars at Spurs rather than their own defeat.
They enjoyed getting back to Lime Street too!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.