Brighton (A) Post Match thread - Champions!!!

The only reason we got to 98 points is apparently because Liverpool pushed us so intensely, which is an interesting compliment if it weren’t for the fact that we amassed 100 last season under our own steam.

This title is also the 27th trophy that Pep hasn't won fairly, fraud.

Brighton supporter here...
Just wanted to join the party for a brief moment to congratulate you on your excellent achievement and thank City supporters at the match who were gracious in applauding Bruno our great club captain. It meant a lot to us and so respect to you.... Likewise I hope we reciprocated with applause for your team at the trophy ceremony. I have always been impressed with the skill and authority of Vincent Kompany and wish him and you well in the future (always excepting against us of course). Thanks again.

Just laughed really, really hard at a moment in the dressing room celebrations on the OS. Starts at 2.06 minutes in.

Gabi Jesus and his reaction to being given a stick of rock. He's looking at it what he's thinking couldn't be clearer — “What the actual fuck is this?!!”. But mere words don't even come close… Check it out. Mint!

Ahahaha, just seen this. They look like they've just been given part of a spaceship.

Just wanted to join the party for a brief moment to congratulate you on your excellent achievement and thank City supporters at the match who were gracious in applauding Bruno our great club captain. It meant a lot to us and so respect to you.... Likewise I hope we reciprocated with applause for your team at the trophy ceremony. I have always been impressed with the skill and authority of Vincent Kompany and wish him and you well in the future (always excepting against us of course). Thanks again.
Were you one of those booing Walker every time he touched the ball?

And maybe if you'd shown the same determination to beat us in your other 37 games you might well have been safe from the threat of relegation some time back.

Welcome to the forum :-)

I’ve actually started only going on at halftime to read a few reactions and post my own pro/con thoughts. I realised that my own perception of the match was starting to become much more negative by being in the matchday thread whilst watching. Find it is much easier to stay balanced watching it apart.

And yesterday was very much a day to avoid external pessimism. ;-)

This sums up what happens when you check in at half-time and it's still 0-0 ;)
giphy.gif

Yeah and a message to dippers fans who say our title wins mean nothing cos of “financial doping”. You can buy talent with cash - but cash alone doesn’t buy desire, determination and the will to win. Proud of the champions - now let’s round it off with the FA cup.

So So true, in spite of the money, we are a properly formed team built on fundamentals, great coaching and tireless support staff,
it's the best collective of sense of purpose that money could never buy.

so, yes we can spend big but because of FFP we can't go mental and that's fine.
what pisses me of is fans from other teams don't realize is because of ffp their rich owners can too,
especially john henry, liverpool's owner. a billionaire and Boston Red Sox owner.
because some owners won't and others take cash out of their clubs and don't invest,
is their problem not ours.

B&HA FC have to take credit for facilitating the City celebrations. True sportsmanship shown from supporters on both sides. Helped that City won but credit to Brighton fans acknowledging that we are a great side, so no disgrace to lose.

A far cry from the Withdean. Now Hughton is gone. I guess there will be changes ahead for both sides.

We had great hospitality from people in the street, landlords, etc etc was very welcoming and full of praise for us!! The whole day the parade and appreciation you showed us will not be forgotten

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.