Brighton (A) - Post Match Thread.

Only saw the highlights on MOTD but I'm happy with a win and the 3 points to be honest. Could have been another Cardiff result from a few years ago.
Every club we play against will be like a cup final for them.
3 points no injuries happy days.

We might not have won that game last season. Jesus's header in the first half and that chance that Aguero made a complete dog's breakfast of before he scored seemed to be deja vu but we got there in the end. I didn't think we were using the width particularly effectively. Last season (and previously) our killer move was KDB or Silva playing a slide rule vertical pass through to Zab running in the the flanks behind the defenders but we still haven't got that move worked out with the the new full-backs yet.

Brighton actually annoyed me. They're pretty poor but were well organised defensively but playing 10 men behind the ball at home, even if it was us they were up against, isn't going to keep them up. A few home fans I spoke to after the game said they didn't expect anything from this one so why not go down fighting instead of being cowards? They lack pace and composure on the ball and there's no way they're staying up if that's indicative of how they're going to play.

We never look as dangerous without Sterling

If we're gonna face parked buses every week (and we are), then he has to play. We didn't have anyone out there in midfield yesterday accomplished at dribbling past opponents to get in behind them. Instead we were constantly passing the ball on when faced with defenders, going nowhere for long periods

Always felt we were had enough to win although it did turn into a bit of a grind in the end. Jesus looks like hes going to be a star, some of his little flicks and tricks are stunning to watch.

My only issue with playing three at the back is that it means we have to keep one of silva, sterling and sane on the bench. Gonna be difficult to keep them all happy.

Solid start to the season overall

We might not have won that game last season. Jesus's header in the first half and that chance that Aguero made a complete dog's breakfast of before he scored seemed to be deja vu but we got there in the end. I didn't think we were using the width particularly effectively. Last season (and previously) our killer move was KDB or Silva playing a slide rule vertical pass through to Zab running in the the flanks behind the defenders but we still haven't got that move worked out with the the new full-backs yet.

Brighton actually annoyed me. They're pretty poor but were well organised defensively but playing 10 men behind the ball at home, even if it was us they were up against, isn't going to keep them up. A few home fans I spoke to after the game said they didn't expect anything from this one so why not go down fighting instead of being cowards? They lack pace and composure on the ball and there's no way they're staying up if that's indicative of how they're going to play.

Not knocking Danilo, but his lack of a left peg yesterday was a real handicap, moves galore losing all fluidity as he checked back on to his right foot all the time. It was crying out for Sane, so Silva could work him in behind as you describe, but when he did come on he unfortunately had a bit of a stinker.
Best find a coping mechanism (rich coming from me I know) for opponents determined to spoil, cos parked buses is all we're gonna face home and away all season, and on that basis I think it could be tough for us to win the league. No-one else will encounter this stultifying tactic on a weekly basis that's for sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.