Brighton (A) | Post-Match Thread

I simply do not understand Pep's obsession with including Eric Garcia in practically every match-day squad, unless he is going to sign a new contract. In the same vein, why not bring on Aké or Laporte, and either play three at the back, with Zinc and Phil or Bernie as wing-backs?

It was a great start and we should have gone on and controlled the game. The sending-off was one of many poor officiating decisions. It was plain that there was no intent on Len's part.

However, having weathered the storm until half-time and then extending the lead, it was criminal that we conceded so soon after. And the manner, in which we let them back into the match made it even worse.

On the plus side, the goals we scored were both of the highest quality, especially Phil's. To pick the ball up in your own half and run with it all the way to Brighton's box before finishing so beautifully takes some doing.

When push comes to shove, the result didn’t really matter, but it would have been nice to have won. The more concerning thing is the injury to Ilkay.

A minor stat thing: Is Phil's goal today probably the farthest from the goal a city player started and scored a goal all by himself?

PL - Champions
Carabao Cup - Winners
FA Cup - semi-finalists
CL - finalists

Could be that sinister forces were influencing tonight's game but we ain't had a bad season and it could get an awful lot better at the end of this month.

CTID - f*ck the rest.
You are absolutely right but I still find it hard to watch us getting fucked the way we were tonight. It completely takes any enjoyment out of the game.

as long as gundo is ok, tonight can be used as a positive. Use the sense of injustice to keep the fires burning
Look, the sending off was one of them, if it was Foden running instead of Welbeck will be all screaming for a red. and the tackle on Jesus in the box was a bit 50\50, but the tackle on Gundogs knee was a disgrace, in my mind a straight red card all day long. So for Peter Walton to say on BT sports that it is ok to go above the knee because his leg was bent in the tackle. WOW... The mind boggles.
Maybe this fires us up more for the final then beating them 4-0 and having a swagger for the final..

Rodri fucked the game up for us tonight, cruising at 2-0 then immediately after our second plays the shittest back pass imaginable and they score from it. That turned the match completely, piss poor from him.
It was a poor pass, not entirely sure what he thought he was doing, from the position he was in there was no need for it. That said we had enough defenders back to defend the situation considerably better than we did. I agree it changed the game for us, put us under pressure again. Rodri and Bernado had poor games really thought we struggled to hold on to the ball and at times made poor decisions with our passing. Not sure why Ederson resorted to just booting the ball up field as it just kept coming straight back.

why have the officials turned on us ?? once the title was won because of united losing they have gone full on impact to take city out. somehow we got the win vs newcastle ? but tonight we was not getting any points. i think even if the sending off does not change the game that much because the officials was hell bent on leaving a mark on city tonight

maybe its the gap on united is getting to big and they need to keep it at a level that OGS can pick up credit for finishing 2nd hahaha we push them close right into the last 10 days hahahahaha. or maybe its a marker for next season in we don't want city running away with the title again

we all can take losing if the rules are given and used for both teams fairly
but the worst thing in the world is cheating and not giving a fair and honest display by the officials
its painful watching our players having to hold back and play within themselves and hold their temper

i don't think i could hold back after tonight display by the referee and the official ? they was putting our players at risk of injury and missing the biggest game in the clubs history

Premier League officiating (Ref+VAR+suits) is a disgrace from top to bottom. I'm not sure how it rates compared to other leagues but I couldn't imagine much worse.

At least for us poor officiating is generally a nuisance. We still won the league and a cup. And enjoyed great football along the way.

Imagine being the supporter of a midtable team though. No joy left in football at all for them I'd imagine.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.