Brighton (A) - Post-Match Thread

I know what you mean about the "look" test here and I was surprised at how good Dias appears through the prism of raw numbers. One thing for sure though he is clearly v v good. And reliable. One thing though is the percentages don't take into account the difficulty of the pass. Intuitively Stones is better.
Stones is a bit like Rodri, Dias and Laporte are a bit more like Fernandinho.

Stones will mostly play it around to help set tempo and help kickstart attacks positionally. He isn't particularly bold but when he is he'll often do something very impressive with the ball (such as a low pass through the midfield breaking the lines and taking a bunch of opposition players out of the game).

Dias and Laporte also do that to a lesser extent but they're more aggressive about things. They'll bring the ball forwards more, they'll try the cross field pass a bit more, they'll try and play a pass through to the CF a bit more.

Neither is better than the other, but I do like the balance Stones and Dias give on this front when together. Stones and Laporte give us the same balance too although I'm not the biggest fan of them as a pairing defensively compared to other pairings.

Beautiful first half, stepped off the gas the second half.

Alternatively brighton actually player some decent football in the 2nd half, have a couple of good chances, but always felt like if we did concede, then we'd just step it up a gear.

Good win, 3 Pts, On to the Glorious Carabao.

Interesting how this result and the criticism of how we let Brighton back in the game looks after the Liverpool game.

Brighton did exactly the same - went down early, came out flying in the second half.

We held our nerve and saw the game out, Liverpool crumbled.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.