Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've slightly changed what I think the team will be on the basis that he loves Sane too much to not have him in the side away from home, with the quick counter our main source of threat (it would be silly to lose Sane AND Sterling) and Danilo has had a fantastic preseason. Stones will step up when needed.On paper I really like the side too.

This will not be an easy game. Promoted team, bouncing atmosphere, if we don't start quickly then we'll have a tough time as they grow in confidence. I'm going for a tough fight and a 1-0 win late in the game, nail biting on day one.

Really can't see him playing danilo over yaya in his first game in prem away from home apart from that I think u got it spot on. But knowing pep will switch back to 4-3-3 and play players we are not expecting.

ederson
walker kompany stones danilo
fernandinho
sliva de bruyne
sterling aguero sane

bravo ,otamendi, toure, nasri ,silva, roberts ,jesus.

Forgive me for not being blasé about it but I remember going to Cardiff for our first away game against a newly promoted side thinking it'll be a walk in the park, is "typical City" dead yet?

Harder game than some people think, remember Cardif, but first 3 points 0-2.

Thank Jesus, the season is almost upon us!

So many different line ups going through my head, but who will Pep pick, and what system will he go for against a Brighton team who will be desperate for a point on their return to the top flight.

I'm sure they will park the bus, and look to hit us on the counter - but finally we may just be a little less prone conceding on counter attacks due to our new found pace. We also look like we may be able to close the opposition down fast enough that they may not even get the chance to launch a meaningful attack - if the last three games are anything to go by.

Despite our wealth of attacking options, and having Kompamy back in full swing, I think Stones may well be the player whom Pep is building this team around. If he can help him to keep improving and we use the three at the back more often then we may see John turn into the perfect Pep player, turning defence into attack and could see him become the heir to Kompany's throne and be a real leader for this team.

Excited is an understatement.

My guess for the team is:

---------------------Ederson-----------------
-------Kompany----Stones----Otamendi--
Walker--------------Yaya-----------Danilo
-------------De Bruyne---Silva------------
--------------Jesus------Aguero-----------

Although I would love to see Sterling and Sane in there, and I would love him to go with the 433 from last season, although the only droppable player in that line up to me is Otamendi. Still not 100% sure he'll start Aguero though..

Come on City!

Said that same side yesterday
I think it's what he will go for but I'd have Sterling or Sane in for Jesus, think they have looked better and more dangerous in the Pre-Season games

This, Sterling has to start, he was one of our top 3 players last season, but dropped of because he was overplayed, now that he is rested and the season starts, he should be one of the first names on the teamsheet, even before Aguero, Jesus in my opinion
Agree re Sterling, goals in the ladt3 friendlies augurs well, would love to see him up top with Sergio and Jesus, with Sane as impact sub; Dave and Kev as suppliers, with Bernardo as impact sub, Yaya holding with Fern as back up. Mouth watering

Can't wait, though predicting the team will be tough. I hope Raz starts, he's earned it in pre-season.

Forgive me for not being blasé about it but I remember going to Cardiff for our first away game against a newly promoted side thinking it'll be a walk in the park, is "typical City" dead yet?
This is why I'm refusing to predict a score and I'm praying for an early goal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.