Brighton (A) - Pre match thread - Finally!

Brighton vs City prediction

• Win

Votes: 481 93.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 23 4.4%
  • Lose

Votes: 13 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this gem in the Brighton forum...

"I don't think Man City will want to over extend themselves in the first game against lowly opposition, so once they have a one goal advantage I think they will park the bus and save themselves for the next game."

Followed by this bizarre comment:

"1 -1

Citeh always seem to struggle in first game of season."

They all seem very confident they'll score against us though, which makes sense. I mean if West Ham and Tottenham can't do it then they must be able to, right? I feel sorry for fans like those- all they have to go on is the media bullshit about City having a terrible defense and Pep being arrogant. Would love to smash them 4-0 now.
Nothing to feel sorry about. Fans always blindly support their teama. It happens here just as much, its what fans are supposed to do.

It's very difficult second guessing Pep teams but my guess is he will go 3-5-2. Three cb's and two wing backs, Yaya, KDB and Dave with Aguero Jesus/Stirling in front of them. Hope it's a great advert for football and you guys have a real go at us. Too many teams park the bus and try and hit on the break. I suspect that won't work as easily against us this season as we have pace everywhere. Good luck for this season.

As Man City has pacy players up front, or are accurate at passing and keeping the ball, I can't really see much option but appearing to park the bus. Pacy players practically forces playing deep and Man City keeping the ball concedes possession. I do not expect Brighton to be any different, especially in the first half. The only saving grace we are not as much a long ball side as Newcastle.

12 out of 19 away wins and something like 85% pass accuracy and 60% away possession last season gives a clue. Of course, if Pep plays three at the back, all bets are off. 1-1

Last edited:
No idea what system we will be playing, or which of the boys will be lucky enough to be named in the opening day line-up

3-5-2, 4-3-3, how many of Aguero, Jesus, Sterling & Sane start and where?

What I do know is that I can't remember ever being more excited before a season kicked off

St Vincent's ability to stay fit is obviously crucial to our plans, but whilst all our rivals appear to be either stagnating, going backwards, or morphing embarrassingly into 1980's Wimbledon, we look poised to produce possibly the most exciting brand of football ever witnessed in the history of the English League

(Until, of course, we lose 1-0 at Brighton if my son's prediction is to be believed!!)
I don't know if our rivals are stagnating. I think Chelsea, United and Arsenal have all gotten better too.

Spurs may have stagnated but the others are well better

I worked in the Amex couple of years back at uni, use the kiosks at either end of the stand for a half time pint, much less busy from what I remember, enjoy blues! Great away day

With the players we have and the money we've spent I expect us to give Brighton a footballing lesson. I predict 1-4.

Brighton 1 City 5

Great start to a great season for you...everything crossed for your season, and heres to a season of success

As Man City has pacy players up front, or are accurate at passing and keeping the ball, I can't really see much option but appearing to park the bus. Pacy players practically forces playing deep and Man City keeping the ball concedes possession. I do not expect Brighton to be any different, especially in the first half. The only saving grace we are not as much a long ball side as Newcastle.

12 out of 19 away wins and something like 85% pass accuracy and 60% away possession last season gives a clue. Of course, if Pep plays three at the back, all bets are off.
Thats what I'm hoping for!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.