Brighton (a) pre-match thread

Brighton (a) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is over by half time (in our favour!). I don’t think I can take much more anguish!
Repeating my earlier response to @pudge :

1-5, with all of ours coming in the first half, and theirs coming from Bruno in the 92nd minute to give both Catalans something to celebrate at the final whistle. ;-)

Has there been any discussion on a location for blues to meet up for pre-match drinks?

I guess in Brighton near the station before getting the train to Falmer?

I do expect us to win but also think it'll be very tight, tough and nervy. They are very good at pulling a backs against the wall job: we've always had to work hard to open them up. See the cup semi.

I'll be a lot happier if Kev starts. With his injuries this year it's been easy to forget just how good he is but his speed and precision in that recent run were mind blowing.

Not sure where to post this, but just had a look at one of the Wolves forums and they mostly want us to win the league. I particularly liked this post from The Pie Poker,

"I wanted Liverpool to win the league, just because they're the underdogs...
But if you read the City and Liverpool forums, City fans are way more respectful towards us and just more humble in general (they appreciate where they've come from).
Liverpool fans are just arrogant, they expect to steam roll us come Sunday. Cant wait to ruin their party."

Two games to go for us and the dippers, record so far

City played 59 Won 50 Drawn 3 Lost 6 Goals scored 159 Goals conceded 38
Pool played 51 Won 36 Drawn 8 Lost 7 Goals scored 110 Goals conceded 38

It's obvious who has had the better season from the stats but all the hysteria surrounding the dippers has prevented the media from realising that city have set a record number of wins in top flight English football. I don't think anybody here has realised that either but City have produced record breaking performances this season.

No other team in the history of the premier league has managed to win as many games as City this year and guardiola's win percentage far exceeds any season he had at Barcelona and with us here previously. He had a slightly better win percentage at Bayern Munich but they play less games in the league and arguably less quality opposition.

We have statistically been the best team ever to play in England but due to the media bias in favour of the dippers this has been missed.

Liverpool have allegedly the best defence in the world and yet we have played 8 more competitive games than them and conceded the same amount of goals.

We really need to beat Brighton on Sunday to make the media realise how good we have been this season. Unfortunately, they will concentrate on how unlucky Liverpool have been even although they have lost more games than us, won less games than us , scored far fewer goals than us and conceded the same amount of goals than us even although they have played 8 games less.

We have been record breakingly exceptional this season but I'm afraid Liverpool were apparently much more deserving of success. It really sickens me that they are so close when they are statistically shit in comparison to us.
This may be the best post ever. I know it’s normal for City fans to always expect and fear the worst but the truth is we are easily the best team in the premier league and probably the best team the premier league has ever seen. We can and should beat any other team in the league and we should go into the Brighton game full of confidence and expectation.

So, why am I so nervous ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.