Brighton away ticket details

I agree a loyalty system is needed but the 20500 plus for tickets reducing by 5000 daily is also daft should be on sale every two days starting at 20000 + on monday then 10000+ on wednesday then 0-9999 friday, first in gets the tickets makes it more fair and also rewards loyalty overall.

Not sure the city website and phone lines could cope with that much traffic at once ha ha! The only reason any would be left on the Wednesday would be hardly anyone would be able to get through!

Not sure the city website and phone lines could cope with that much traffic at once ha ha! The only reason any would be left on the Wednesday would be hardly anyone would be able to get through!

True it would be like getting gig tickets sitting pressing refresh every second for an hr.

Great post but I'd add that there is an answer, even though some may not like it. In the real world, if there's an excess of demand over supply, a number of mechanism can kick in.
  • Increase the price to choke off demand;
  • Increase the supply to meet demand;
  • Introduce rationing.
The first two aren't possible as things stand so it has to be the third and that means a ballot for everyone, including corporates. But obviously there should be a weighting towards those who've accumulated the points. So if we get 3,000 tickets for a game, we could allocate 500 to corporates, 1,500 to those with over 16k points say and 1,000 to everyone else.

Probably something to do with the fact I've got between 15k and 16k but I'd massively object to me being thrown into the same category as someone with only 2k or so points who didn't put up with watching the shite that we had to. And obviously I don't believe that 500 should be going to corporate at aways (many of whom won't support city and may even support the opposition and so should have got a ticket in the home end like any normal person would) which is what is cutting down the supply in the first place.

No problem with encouraging them to home games but away games are clearly different and tickets in shorter supply. Doesn't even make business sense if they are going for a one off day out and have no intention of becoming a city fan.

The loyalty point system is not perfect and maybe some kind of rolling system would allow younger fans to have a chance of catching up, but on the whole I think it works reasonably well. In the same way as I can't complain if I miss out on tickets to Brighton, Madrid or that shithole in Stretford to people with more points, people with fewer points shouldn't complain on missing out on tickets to Liverpool or arsenal to people like me. The target of people's anger should be the club giving away to many to corporate, not those with more points, who may ocassionally let their mate use their tickets.

If it's a cheap shot to blame the corporates then it is also a cheap shot to blame the Supporters' Clubs. The reality is that it is perfectly valid to have a shot at both.

If this carries on then the away support will be made up of tourists/corporates, Supporters with over 20kish points (who have a right to be there), supporters who have bought off whores (who don't have a right to be there) and supporters who have blagged tickets from Supporters Clubs (who too don't have a right to be there). The supporter with less than 20k points (figure taken as an example) who has also trailed up and down over the years will be frozen out of the more attractive games and games with lower allocations.

Supporters who sell on a ticket now and again because they bought it and cannot make a game is acceptable but to buy every ticket with the sole purpose of selling on irrespective of the recipient is unacceptable.

None of this is right, the whole system needs to be looked at and all categories accommodated in some way. I have genuine sympathies for youngsters who cannot get on the points ladder but I have more sympathy for someone who has just missed out because of the above syphoning and abuse of the system.

I don't have the answer but I would start with giving the supporters clubs none at all. Just because they go for a pint now and again with other supporters doesn't make them a better supporter due special privileges. The corporates should have a limited allocation as they financially support the club but the tourists should get none.

Everyone will have their opinion influenced by their own self interests.

Apart from that I have no answer.....but then again others get paid handsomely to find an answer.

Yes fair comment there.

sorry not having that.

they will dish them out but I'm sure its to blues wanting to see the game. still wrong but not as bad as you are making out.

please bear in mind that they also take tickets for shit games, something a lot of moaners on here would never dream of doing.

Just going off what I have seen for a few years now, especially since we got good. I think genuine fans got away tickets previous that IMO.

Starting very high for a 3k allocation, more tickets robbed from real fans.

Time to sell up and send send Wilson and Soriano down the road. I am sick of the franchise.

Starting very high for a 3k allocation, more tickets robbed from real fans.
Time to sell up and send send Wilson and Soriano down the road. I am sick of the franchise.
What were the starting points for full allocation games early last season?

The objective is to get in the game.

Anyone prepared to go to the away ground on match day and graft for a ticket would get in, with the possible exceptions of Man U and Burnley.

Not really.
When you total how much you spend on travel, food and drink to all the away games its way more than the extra grand to go in Joe's where I get a car parking spot, a pint and a programme thrown in.
I could pay for the luxury and space at the home games and sit and watch the far away dull games in the comfort of my settee with a nice bottle of red.
Then just pick the odd away game I fancy like Brighton, Bournemouth, the Swamp, Seville, Madrid and Monaco and fuck off the WBA on a Wednesday night in the League Cup, or Sunderland on Boxing Day or a freezing Kiev.
After all we're old and boring, or points whores.

Rag !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.